1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bun-B on First Take

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lil Lee, Feb 27, 2013.

1. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

i heard hes lookin to collab on a rockets anthem...

2. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

yaaaaa, rep that H-town and Rox BunB!

3. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

bun was a homer, so be it. i bet if you ask SAS whos gonna win the east he probably will come up with some bs "non-homer" opinion about how the knicks have a legit shot. he will suck up the heat in the process but he will swear that the knicks have a legitimate shot.. its just as homerific as bun mentioning the rockets. no one outside of NY thinks the knicks are contenders..

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea i saw it, interview made me lol. btw anyone surprised harden is only 45% shooter? seems like he has so many efficient games

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Me. What an absurd name to go by. Bun B? WTF.

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Correct. Take a look at March. If we are not 6th in the West at some point in March (despite Warriors' easy schedule as well) I will be surprised. By the end of tonight, we can realistically be 1.5 games behind Warriors for 6th.
    I think we momentarily grab 6th spot around March 20th and then slide back down to 7th with 6th for the taking in April.

7. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

From what I can tell, it looks like they might have read this LA Times post and made the mistake of believing it...

8. rocketsmetalspd

SAS and Skip will never lose in any sport because they end up rooting for the team that won the chip for that season. They are not worth the time or effort to confront because they are for the team that has won.

9. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

Bun B is a funny guy. He starts in the first minute saying the Lakers won't make the playoffs, then immediately shifts his advocacy and contends the Lakers will take Utah's spot in the playoffs.

He's right about a few things, though:

1 - James Harden is definitely an MVP candidate, and surprisingly a MIP candidate as well (has that ever been said about any player in the league?). On the MVP front, he took a team that would've struggled to win 30 games this year and put them in the midst of the tough western conference playoff pack. He does everything for this team offensively, and while he only shoots 45%, his ts% is 60%, a very very very nice number. On the MIP front, he bumped his scoring up nearly 10PPG, while increasing his APG and RPG.

2 - He is right about HOU being a bad matchup for OKC. The Rockets would probably lose the series in 6 games, but OKC (like HOU) is turnover-prone, and the Rockets feature two guys in their back court who are top 10 in steals. HOU feasts on fast break buckets, and if they can keep pace with the Thunder on offense, then things like steals will lead to potential difference makers in series-swinging games. I wouldn't put money on Houston winning that series, but OKC isn't a lock against anybody.

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

and SAS said we beat OKC in OT

WTF do they know?

Stephen is like a middle schooler. Just scream and yell as loud as he can to get everybody to listen to him.

11. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

never been real big on UGK, but i respect bun. he and pimp are texas legends, and bun is pretty much a national celebrity, he always holds it down for Houston.. i feel like there are some people coming on this board acting like bun is some new jack, questioning his name ans whatnot... ugk been running texas since the 80s..

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. jocar

jocar Member

"mediocre team".

[​IMG]

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Bun B's trippin' calling Kobe the best all-around player though.

14. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

bun b needs to stop sippin on that syrup.

15. conquistador#11

If bushwick bill had been on that show, I would have been familiar with him. but yeah no idea of who bun b was either. HOWWWEVAH, gotta like the fact that someone is talkin' rockets on Espen, yo!
    later homies.

16. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

same era, i dont see how you would know one and not the other..

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

what date was Morey on with the Parsons cut out? I forgot to watch that...

18. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Bun B is the best

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bayless and Smith can't even get the fact straight in a so-called debate. I am all for trolling ESPN. Way to go, Bun B!

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

we got some legendary rockets fans..

DJ Premier (Hip-Hop Legend)
    [​IMG]

Beyonce (Global Icon)
    [​IMG]

Bun B (Texas Legend)
    [​IMG]

im sure there are others..