1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bumble Talk (Single talk)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RasaqBoi, Mar 10, 2018.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Do you guys use this app?

Rodman23 likes this.
  2. BleedsRocketRed

I have, yes. What do you want to know?

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Do you like it?

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Bunble is good, Hinge is better

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lmao good ol’ Bumble. Gets annoying with the 10 second attention span with a lot of the chicks...but the ones that pan out ; )

#5 LosPollosHermanos, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Sajan likes this.
  6. BleedsRocketRed

Yeah, its not bad....IF.... You have to realize that no matter how much she is talking to you, shes also talking to other dudes as well. So the ghosting and fading away is rampant. Don't put too much emotion into it. A lot of matches wont even message you, as shes probably sorting through the ones she wants more. That or shes just using it for an ego boost. My friend who was on it said she had over 1000 dudes that swiped on her, I had maybe like 20 ladies at any given time. I paid for bumble boost as it just makes it easier to pick the ones that already swiped on me. Its all a numbers game so go into it with an open mind. If you do meet up and hit it off, good for you. I have had some success with it and no regrets. At first I was all butt hurt about some things about it but once I understood whats really happening then my perspective changed.

Use it, smash a few and hell, maybe bond with a few and who knows what comes from it. I had a very good relationship come out of it and a couple cool friends but it took me meeting almost 20-30 girls before I really got something meaningful.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  7. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

It's cool. It has worked for me and has matched me with reasonably good looking girls. Granted, I've had it for a while but there are times when it's slow and my matches arent up to par. :p But just don't take it too seriously. Approach it casually and don't be that thirsty, desperate dude. I'll tell you one thing though, I don't go back and forth much before asking to hang out. I'm not the type to talk for weeks without any type of advancement. I usually hit them up with "let's go get tacos" and go from there. Good luck!

hvic likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This. Compared to tinder, the girls you end up hanging out with will be MUCH more into you. She has to swipe on you, decide to message you first, then keep the conversation going, and then hang out. A lot of tinder chicks are flakes and you have to go through a lot more.

da_juice and zeeshan2 like this.
  9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Bumble has higher quality for sure. Tinder has more people in general. Also lots of bots in more recent years which has made it unusable in certain parts of the country.

A lot of these girls use these apps just because they are bored or seek validation. Many are already in committed relationships and have no intention of meeting despite having awesome conversation.

Another issue is misrepresentation. I'll see girls who appear to be 120 lbs but when they show up they are much heavier. If I prefer skinnier girls that is a problem for me. Not necessarily for everyone.

My ex-gf actually just got married to a guy she met on Tinder. I'm still friends with her as we chat almost daily, so there are quite a few success stories from these apps.

Overall don't get too invested on the apps or any single girl. You'll be on a hot streak and then a cold streak wondering what's wrong with your profile all of a sudden. Ain't nothing wrong with you.

All that being said, my success in actual interactions in real life is 100% more successful than using these apps even though my profile would seem fairly accomplished and my text game is on point I believe. Approach anxiety is a b****, but online everyone is Mystery. Getting over approach anxiety takes time, but generally involves talking to everyone and anyone and over time that hot girl you see at Gap isn't all that imposing.

Pro tip: Read Models by Mark Manson

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

I'm currently seeing somebody I met from Tinder. I'll vouch for the dating apps; I have huge approach anxiety and generally need some help breaking the ice or use dating apps. I have had my fair share of dates from Bumble. My %s of meeting up with someone from Bumble is greater than what it was on Tinder. As with both apps, beware of misleading pictures, and many will bail/fade on you. Just is what it is.

But don't forget:

Step 1: Be attractive.
    Step 2: Don't be unattractive. Heh jk (sorta).

Good luck ;)

@Mr. Brightside is right in which girls often seek validation on there. 90+% of their swipes will match with them, so it'll make them feel wanted. Their self-worth is inflated to the extreme.

Also, don't say "hey" or "what's up" or "whatcha up to this weekend". They get hundreds of messages. Be original.

Let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts.

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

Tinder has been better for me, but I use both.

12. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I went on a Tinder date yesterday. I prefer it over Bumble, but have actually met some girls off of there. Lots of good advice above. Dont take it too serious and let it mess with your head.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

My current gf and I actually met on bumble. Lot of bad dates (though most end with the desired outcome for that particular night) to get to her though haha

15. Nook

Nook Member

Hmm........ so my brother confirmed. Lots of irresponsible sex with lots of mentally damaged, but attractive women as a result of Bumble. His face lit up like a child when I asked him about Bumble. He claims it is one the best things on the planet earth.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

If you are a good looking guy, expect plenty of attention from these girls and a generally easier time taking them home..provided you are not a douchebag.
    If you are average looking and girls agree to go on dates with you, they are most likely in it for the free dinner or two.
    If you are average looking and are able to take one home for the night...you have game.

17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I just matched with a pretty girl on bumble then I went back to check and she unmatched me. Welp time to go stick my head in the oven

Dave2000, AB423 and ryano2009 like this.
  18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Bumble is for girls self aware enough to think they're more "refined" & professional (& prettier) than usual "basic" chicks . They are higher quality than Tinder. But it does NOT mean theyre actually more likeable lol. But they will be more "into" you since they have to talk first.

But I just simply got too old for any dating app. The VERY SECOND you get a "4" as first number in age past the 30s, matches go WAAAAaaay down. In the end women are the same - shallow, judgy, after young meat trying to pretend theyre not lol. But dont let that stop you. Bumble is a tad more frustrating than Tinder, and not near enough people, but higher quality payoff. Kinda like real life, kinda. (Like others said, dont take it too serious cuz they dont)

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

How many guys actually pay on the first date nowadays? I sure as hell don't. Either we're splitting or on a few occasions, she paid :)

I figured this out in high school where I took a girl on a movie-dinner date (never do this on a first date btw). I paid for dinner. When we were getting carded at the theater I saw a bunch of cash in her pouch and was like "why tf am I paying for everything?". That was it lol

Dave2000 likes this.
  20. da_juice

da_juice Member

Mostly use CMB and Tinder. Not being able to message first and getting a bunch of messages that just say "hi" or New Girl .gifs from some chick drunk me thought was hot just frustrates me.

I also find my success ebbs and flows and I go through phases where I delete it and reinstall. I was on a dry spell but set up a few upcoming dates. My best friend also met his wife on tinder (but he looks like a Hollister model).

That opening message on tinder is key. As is setting realistic goals on who to pursue. I'd rather swipe on a 7 with a bio who's actually looking for something or a quick hook-up than a 9 who just needs validation.

Sajan likes this.