1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. inowsingle

inowsingle Member

Magic don't care to hv Bynum ? but actually they can't and won't get him . because
    1. if a three-team trade , the third party need offer lottery picks and take magic's garbage contracts , so it's impossible Bynum go to magic while the third party contribute so much but get nothing

2. if magic get Bynum , it must be a direct-trade with LA , and considering LA hv little ability to absorb magic's garbage contracts , rockets can beat this offer easily

i am concerned about Thunder sudden jump-in and Cleveland's possible crazy offer , nothing else right now

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Single, I have not seen anything about the Thunder even trying to get in the deal. I don't see Dwight even wanting to be in such a small market as well.

3. inowsingle

inowsingle Member

that's great , so only Cleveland remains a threat if no other team jump in .

if rockets can get howard , i don't think he will walk away regardless of 30 million dollar loss, since dallas is no difference with houston for adidas , considering lin's effect on Asian market, Adidas may prefer houston to dallas.

go rockets go, i am waiting the time ESPN title change to "Rockets land Howard finally " fm "Houston, we hv a problem"

4. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Cleveland isn't a threat

5. inowsingle

inowsingle Member

Cleveland can complete the three-team trade , this threat will raise rockets' offer , houston may lose howard or lose too much to get howard if Cleveland willing to give up their young guys for Bynum even without extension promise

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Cleveland has nothing to offer.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

What young guys are you talking about? You mean Tyrus Thompson and that other bust they picked up this year? LOL c'mon man, Patterson's worth more than two guys easily. Cleveland messed up their drafts and have nothing to offer other than the ability to take back bad contracts. DO you know Thompson shot 40% last season? I dunno if he'll still be in the league after his contract expires.

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

They have plenty of picks tho...

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That are crappy, as they are from teams like the Heat, Lakers etc and are lotto-protected anyway even though there is no chance those teams will not make the playoffs.

The only one that's actually decent is the Kings...and that's an 11 overall pick in 2015 or 16 under the best case scenario. Neither of the other two is going to be below 24 or so.

1 person likes this.
  10. supa

supa Contributing Member

You mean that Laker pick and Miami pick which may very well be 29 and 30 in the draft?? Especially if in the process of the trade for those picks Howard goes to the Lakers. Even if they throw in one of their own unprotected firsts, that is a late teen pick with the addition of Bynum and being in the Eastern Conference.
    Even the Sacramento pick they own is top 10 protected.

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

What picks to Rockets have besides the one from Toronto? Not being a smart ass, just curious? Also, dont the Cavs have a trade exception they can use that Houston doesn't?

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

Rockets dont have MUCH better IMO

13. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Dallas pick and two high second founders which are unguaranteed contracts.

14. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The Toronto pick is likely more valuable than Cleveland's picks combined. You are kidding yourself.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This. Houston has an absolute gem in the Toronto pick. The problem with acquiring draft picks in superstar trades is that in most cases, they're almost worthless because they're from a team getting a star, thereby making them a contender (or at bare minimum, a playoff team). The Toronto pick should be key, much like how the future Minnesota pick (ended up being Austin Rivers) was the trump card for the Clippers in the Chris Paul deal.

You're absolutely kidding yourself, cyberx, if you think Cleveland's combination of picks comes close. Perhaps they'd be willing to accept more bad contracts, but the value of that - or their willingness - is highly speculative. Based on what we know, the Rockets are in much better position.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I swore to myself I'd stop criticizing in this thread, but I would like to point out that a supposed insider that works for an agent/greek NBA writer failed to see the obvious value disparity between our picks and Cleveland's. I'll stop now.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Agreed. However, I think many Rockets fans are confusing the Rockets' ABILITY to trump anything that Cleveland can offer with the Rockets' WILLINGNESS to offer a package more attractive than Cleveland hypothetically might be willing to offer. (Also, I think roslolian is going a bit overboard to say that Patrick Patterson--a player who I love, btw--is better than either TRISTAN Thompson or Dion Waiters combined. I'm pretty sure that Orlando would rank each of those players above Patterson from a trade value standpoint, even if I personally would not have drafted either of those guys as high as Cleveland took them.)

That said, I'd imagine that Rob Hennigan would take any "better" Cleveland trade offer back to Morey to see if he would be willing/able to beat it. I think most of us agree that Morey would be ABLE to beat it. Whether he would be WILLING is not altogether known. I still say Morey would give up a ton for Dwight Howard, but he won't give up a drop more than he HAS to until pushed to do so. A Cleveland trade package just might push him in that direction.

Which is the entire point of Orlando trying to engage Cleveland in trade talks.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just a guaranteed Lotto pick and a rookie who hasn't played yet who wasn an actual lotto pick a couple of other fringe lotto grade rookies.... vs. a bunch of lotto protected picks that will end up in the 25+ range .

But yeah, other than that, nothing. Certainly not of the caliber of a Devin Ebanks or a Jordan Hill.

20. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Agree however Orlando loses leverage every time a Cleveland insider says Cleveland has no interest.