1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

If they really believed that Dwight would just walk to them if traded to Houston why would they engage in talk. Or are they (and Fegan) just trying to convince people that where there's smoke there's fire?

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Dallas thinks there is a big chance he goes to Houston or stays in Orlando. They believe they can get Dwight for some reason.

I know he is not crazy about going there and it is all a ploy.

3. inowsingle

inowsingle Member

let's forget about dallas , they don't hv any chance at this moment ,

cyberx, u still think LA hv more possibility to get howard than houston ?

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

Yes, I am making a few calls soon to figure this out and try to get an update.

Ebanks, again, I was told is in limbo waiting. The deal has been agreed on for the QO, but they are waiting to see if he will be part of a trade.

5. Browny

Browny Member

Is this the situation with Lamb as well?

6. BigBird

How long is reasonable to keep a player in limbo like that? I would think that at some point enough is enough, but it is clear they have not reached that point. I realize that Ebanks is not exactly the caliber of player to be making demands, but one would think that he would want to put pen to paper as soon as possible, correct?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jeremy Lamb has signed his rookie deal.

8. Browny

Browny Member

I missed that, thanks.

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

He is obviously cooperating very well right now. I am trying to get a hold of Bauman now but his phone goes straight to VM and his mailbox is full...

10. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

What does QO mean?

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL at skipping to the last page of this thread and seeing the conversation being centered around Devin Ebanks....

We are officially in the Summer lull of NBA basketball when this is what we have resorted to.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Qualifying offer

13. BigBird

Well we are discussing Ebanks and the notion that he is not signing his offer sheet because he is to be included in any ORL-LAL deal for DH, so it's relevant.

14. cyberx

cyberx Member

Exactly! I am digging for lots of info today. Trying to work these phones! I really want some news and want this to finish!

15. BigBird

Preaching to the choir on that one. I'm sure many of us are ready for it to be done.

16. cyberx

cyberx Member

His phone is off! Maybe he is on a plane making things happen! :grin:

Haha I am just playing. No idea what he can be up to.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Whose phone are you talking about? I've completely lost interest in this story line and just want Dwight to be traded. If it's to Houston I hope he stays and that we didn't mortgage our future. If it's to LA I hope they have to give up a lot and I also hope that Bynum ends up being amazing for Orlando.

18. BigBird

How about shifting tangents, since all is quiet on the Western front.

What's your opinion on the reports that McHale is not happy with the Lin/Asik signings, with Lin being the one in particular he's unhappy about. Does he really have as big of a problem with the front office as some people think? If this is the case, will he be around next season?

19. senter

senter Member

Haha except that this thread is apparently supposed to be about Asik...

:grin:

20. BigBird

First, it's an insider thread. We started with an inside scoop from cyberx and he has graciously continued supplying insider opinions and information about various topics ranging from Dwight Howard to (you guessed it) Devin Ebanks. So yeah, the title of the thread is Asik, but it's more than that. Maybe you should read the contents of it before breaking out the "this thread is off topic, let me discount what you said" post. Also to the person asking who cyberx is referring to about phone calls it's David Bauman, the agent of Ebanks

1 person likes this.