1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Don't flatter yourself. You didn't break anything. There were reports that Chicago wouldn't match before this thread, and looking a their track record of never paying the luxury tax ever, this wasn't a tough case to crack. Your stories are speckled with holes and you disappear when people try to get an explanation.

1 person likes this.
  2. conquistador#11

for the first time I agree with this man.:eek:

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Fullcourt FTMFW. He never truly answers my questions either. He never gives us breaking news. Just stuff we already know worded differently.

4. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

There were also reports Chicago would match. I'm actually quite amused that you would flatter YOURSELF by thinking he gives a crap about YOUR opinion ;) Which BTW, no one has vouched for.....

(my apologies for being very defensive of cyberx, but the your tone of voice struck me as being very ****-sure and full of yourself.... you should be a bit more civil against someone who has not insulted you or jerked you around in any way...)

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...we should probably give this thread a rest for a while. Don't we have 30 days until we can move any of our rookies now? That certainly means if Houston is involved, nothing will happen for a while.

6. smr6

smr6 Member

Lamb can still be traded.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

For about the hundredth time, no. A trade can be agreed to at any point, including today. All the 30-day period means is a delay on the league's processing of the actual paperwork.

Note the Ron Artest trade in 2008, which was finalized and reported on July 30, but wasn't made "official" until August 14 because Greene had the 30-day period. This 30-day period is essentially equivalent to the "moratorium" from July 1-10. While nothing could be officially signed in that period, there were plenty of trades completed (Joe Johnson, Steve Nash, etc.). There can be in this, too.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...no wonder you have so many posts. ;)

My bad. That's what I read from another uncorrected jackass here.

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The one thing it does change is that now their salaries count. Before yesterday they were just "rights" getting traded. Now they have salaries so we might have to take back more to make the salaries work.

10. cyberx

cyberx Member

I dont think Houston is going to take a risk on Dwight.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

who do u think we target near-term with our arsenal of assets now?

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

Hearing from Dwights camp that he doesn't really even like Dallas, that he is using it as leverage. More to you guys as it comes.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That contradicts everything that has been said for months. His value can't be any lower. We won't know how 'risky' it is until the deal potentially goes down.

14. cyberx

cyberx Member

Still the best center in the league

15. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I haven't wanted this guy from the beginning.

But, I've posted several times here detailing as to why it was smart to trade for him and take the risk - he likely will not walk away from thirty million.

While you are right, his value can't really be much lower, there comes a point in time where Les and Morey will feel it's just not worth the hassle and move on, regardless of the fact he's one of the top five players in the league.

It's one thing to trade for a guy when there are just "rumors out there" that he doesn't want to be traded to Houston. The thirty mil combined with the fact they are confident he will like it here, especially when he's able to see how quickly Morey can work, make it worth the risk.

But, when his camp starts threatening to "walk into Dallas' cap space" - even though it is very likely BS - it may very well be to the point of just moving on.

The whole "what if he comes here and is a cancer" thing was never really an issue. It's a contract year and he IS a good guy, over all. He's not the type of guy to half step on the court and isn't known for letting his teammates down.

However, now that they've gone as far as making (likely HOLLOW) threats of walking into Dallas' cap space (likely laughable, but what else do they have to use as leverage at this point - NOTHING), there becomes more at play here.

What type of fall out will there be from the team and fans IF ANYTHING goes wrong. His back causes him issues, he actually does walk, ANY friction between him and McHale or teammates happens, etc. While Les and Morey would be setting themselves up to look bad and have a "public outcry" of "I told you so" and "Why in the hell did you even trade for this guy when he didn't want to be here", it was worth the risk before the latest spin was put out there by his camp. It may not be now.

Of course, they may not feel the same and could very well be salivating right now, believing they are in a better position than before. I don't get that feeling, however.

I'm sensing they feel it might just be time to look elsewhere and attempt to get a Gay, Granger, Iguodala type player for possibly K-Mart's expiring deal, maybe a Parsons and one of the draft picks (not rookies, actual picks).

We'll see soon enough though.

16. jogo

jogo Member

Probably not soon enough, unfortunately. Until Dwight is traded, this will drag out through the summer up until near the start of the season. I think Morey will wait on making a trade until he is sure that Dwight is off the board.

17. cyberx

cyberx Member

As mostly Rockets fans here, why would you want someone here that doesn't want to be here?

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

If Dwight's value goes down, then Dwight's value to the Rockets still HAS to be higher than Dwight's value to the Magic keeping him for themselves; otherwise, Morey won't offer the Magic more than what the Magic get out of keeping Dwight for themselves, and thus Dwight won't get traded to Houston.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because as you said, he's the best center in the league and a superstar, and we're interested in winning championships? :confused: Thought it would be fairly simple to understand.

20. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

A lot of us don't but we don't want to help facilitate his move to LA either.