1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. jogo

jogo Member

If Dwight signs here then there's no way he walks away at the end of the season. He may pout and whine and force us to trade him, but he's not walking away from that guaranteed $30 million or however much it is. As has been said before: A player making his kind of money has NEVER walked away from that much guaranteed dough. It hasn't happened before and it won't happen now. Why do people think that history doesn't mean anything in this instance? Do they really think that Dwight is so special that he'll walk? Walking away from money is different from pouting and making us trade him.

All of this is a moot point if he doesn't come to Houston, of course.

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Guys... You still don't seem to understand this.
    Listen, lets say another superstar is contemplating going to ORL. After seeing how they treated Dwight and what he is going through, many players WILL NOT want to go there. Dwight is friends with MANY NBA PLAYERS. He will talk bad and push people from ever going to ORL.

Denver knew this and sent Melo to NYK.

3. cyberx

cyberx Member

I have no agenda guys... My 2 stories I posted were Kevin Martin to Houston and Asik will not be matched.

I never tried to make this a Dwight to LA deal, even though it seems that way.

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

The guy went through a CRAZY grueling season that many players could NOT go through. We are talking about a compressed season with BACK 2 BACKS!

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Any truth to these new reports that Orlando is willing to keep Dwight until the trade deadline, or is it just another bluff being used as an attempt at leverage?

6. cyberx

cyberx Member

Thank you Born WINNER!

I appreciate the props. Its posters such as yourself that keep me coming in here and providing to this board. I ignore the rest.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The other piece of the puzzle is where will Bynum end up. Houston, Cleveland or Orlando...

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

There is no way they can keep him, this is just sad.

This is someone telling Broussard this so that people freak and UP their offers.

PEOPLE HAVE AGENDAS! I can not believe people don't believe me when I say this. Agents, players, everyone has an agenda.

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

Guys, I am only as good as what I am told.
    I wouldn't be suprised (after knowing Buss) if he says, "these guys are trying to play us F them, resign Bynum and lets move fwd".

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Simply not true in today's NBA economy and the new cba. Guys are gonna go where they're gonna get paid. The players simply don't have that kind of leverage today.

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

Jarrod Rudolph: Twitter

Quote:
    Howard wants out of Orlando and there isn't much the Magic can do to change that. The idea that he'll change his mind in favor of Orlando without significant upgrades before the season, in a pool where there aren't many players in their reach, is wishful thinking.

Quote:
    They Magic can tell Dwight they won't move him and force him to leave Orlando for the limited options he'll have in the summer of 2013. But that approach represents short-term thinking and wouldn't help them with high-profile free agents in the future.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

To ATL or DAL while leaving $30M on the table? Yeah right. The more you say that the more it damages your credibility. It's just not believable.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not necessarily. Right now they have three options, and they are most likely letting Dwight know them-

-Play nice with Orlando until the trade deadline and we "might" be able to move you to your preferred destination

-Sign an extension now with Orlando

or

-You go to Houston Tomorrow for your intro press conference

If Dwight says, no I still want to go to LA now, then they have the ability to say well "Your not the boss of me!!," you are going to the Rockets anyways for not playing along.

More than likely, when the Asik deal is approved tonight, Hennigan might call up Morey to say whats up before the Olympics start. Thats why the timing of this LA trip seems pretty interesting. Just a mere hours before the Asik deal is completed.

1 person likes this.
  14. cyberx

cyberx Member

I respectfully disagree...

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

We all know Rudolph is one of Dwight's buddies and is pushing Dwight's agenda.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Good information. The truth either comforts or offends.

17. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I believe you, don't worry. I just wanted to get your thoughts on it. I typically don't trust Broussard either and take most things coming out of ESPN with a grain of salt. In relation to your comment about Buss at what point do you think he snaps? Does he really think that Dwight is so much better than Bynum that he is willing to put differences aside? at this point, I'm sure he's upset about the whole situation, how soon do you think until he walks away from the table?

18. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

If that happened, Bynum signs extension, you still see Dwight walking to Dallas or ATL if traded here?

19. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

I think if we get Dwight, we should all go out for drinks to reward ourselves for the patience lol

20. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

So if a team that Howard is willing to go to doesn't have anything the Magic want in return, they are just going to trade him there and suck it up because they are worried he is going to bad mouth them.

I have a hard time believing that, especially if there is a better offer from another team on the table.

#1020 Chilly_Pete, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012