1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. Wheels within wheels!

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That's like paying someone to take out your garbage

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Sorry if you've been asked earlier, but can you just give a quick update on our cap situation, assuming Chicago doesn't match? My own calculation, based on the assumption that the Boston guys won't stick and Livingston is either waived or included in a trade, is that we're sitting around $10MM under the cap. Is that way off?

4. DaneB

DaneB Member

So I'm assuming that we are expecting Jajuan Johnson to be a serviceable player since he is the only guaranteed player the Rockets received?

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Rockets should have anywhere from $7-10 million in cap room if they waive their non-guaranteed salaries, even with Asik on the payroll.

Given the hyperdrive level of activity, I wouldn't try pegging an exact cap room figure just yet.

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Doubt it. He is just necessary to get the pick. He isn't guaranteed after this year, so he might be dealt at some point. I did read a tweet that we did like him as a player though.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Up to 10 mill in cap room, along with our other tradable contracts i'm sure we can take back at least 2 of orlando's players "bad contract" players with dwight correct?

8. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

nash can fit anywhere. he's the point so the ball goes through him first.

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

No player will sign an extension regardless.

(Andrew or Dwight)

Makes now sense money or year wise!

10. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I think it's funny that ESPN doesn't just go outright and tell its viewership that Dwight would want the 5/108 option in FA and that him not signing an extension has no bearing whatsoever. Thanks for bringing up that point.

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

Daryl Morey today told me he still thinks Dwight to Houston can get done.

Just an update. No details.

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Today? Tomorrow? When?

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

It's not in their interest to talk about the difference in "I wont extend" versus "I will look to sign for max money with a new contract". They have no desire to leave open any suggestion that LA/NY aren't the only places he will sign with.

Of course he wont extend, he would lose money even if he extended with LA or ORL or even the Nets.

Way too many people dont get the difference in the two terms extend and re-sign.

14. Garner

Garner Member

Thanks for the update. Very much appreciated.

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Still looking like today is the day? I thought the trade would have to wait until after the Asik deal is situated.

This might be a question for Bima or CH, but I'm not sure how much difference an incoming trade package from ORL would look like with Asik not being matched from what it would look like with Asik being matched.

16. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Hope Lamb is not included

17. cyberx

cyberx Member

You have to give the BEST to get the BEST. Losing LAMB should be the least of your concerns when you can get possibly one of the best centers to ever play the game.

Do you expect for people to just give him to you? No way no way no way.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

that depends on what scenarios they have discussed, which we dont really know.

Any answers you got from either Bima or anyone else at this point would be guesswork.

19. cyberx

cyberx Member

Heck, I was TOLD today MAY BE it a few days ago, but I never wanted that banked on.

Talked to Bynums agent yesterday and he said he still hasn't heard anything as reported. He said him and Andrew laugh at the list of teams and they haven't even thought about it. He said he has been subject of trade rumors for the past 7 years and if they entertained everything, that's where all their time would be wasted.

1 person likes this.
  20. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I don't want Dwight if he's not signing long term here period