1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

whoa whoa whoa. who are you implying is giving somebody money under the table. I would LOVE to hear more about how corrupt the system is if you're willing to elaborate.

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Time will tell Orem... No one knows... Im not saying it won't happen with Houston.

I think it's more likely Houston gets Bynum than Dwight.

3. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Then he was REALLY a fool for opting in last year. By the way, how much are endorsements - are we talking $100M doubling to $200M, or more like $50M doubling to $100M? Of course, if we trade for Dwight, he's toast because he can't really sign in LA or NY because none of those teams have cap space. So he has to be traded to LA now.

Thanks for your comments about the bad contracts. I wasn't aware Cleveland had more flexibility than HOU, but CLE may very well be willing to take more bad contracts.

4. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Which I can live with. Only issue is I would assume that we would give up fewer assets to get Bynum than Dwight. And if ORL has to give up Dwight no matter what, it would be better for them to give us Dwight for Dwight assets than Dwight for Bynum assets?

5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

wondering about this myself...if we get bynum instead hes not as much of a game changer for attrracting star players...

itd be nice if we could keep lamb and Dmo if we get bynum

6. cyberx

cyberx Member

Talking to Andrews AAU coach... Bynum plays for the money... he doesnt care about winning etc or basketball as a matter of fact. He does it to get paid...

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

As long as he plays as well as he gets paid, I'm okay with it.

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

David Lee (Bynums agent) now saying that he hasn't been contacted by anyone with the Cavs. Reporded by a Cle writer.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

More proof of a smokescreen

10. cyberx

cyberx Member

I just shot him a text... NO REPLY! haha

11. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

What worries me is that he won't be motivated to play well after he's got that max deal signed

12. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

13. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

sorry about the quotes

14. macho87

macho87 Member

Albert Hanesworth.

15. cyberx

cyberx Member

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
    Source says lots of talk tough and "less than truths" going on, but Lakers believe Howard will eventually end up in LA.

16. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

17. aron

aron Member

Thanks for the insider info cyberx, I really appreciate the updates.

Following up Dream Lover's thoughts, my question is how heavy will the agent and player weigh the oversea market of the Rockets (esp Asia)? With the Yao built fan base and now reinforced with Lin, it's going to be attractive. Quite a few role players got decent contracts from China.

With that said, DH isn't any role player seeking a contract but a superstar looking for the max. Though he might never get one as big as in NY or LA, but it's going to be promising. Plus all the other opportunities opened up globally.

How much does the agents/players believe in the potentials of these comparing to the big markets of NY/LA?

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Courtney Lee just tweeted he was signing somewhere in the nexy 48 hours. Any insight where he is going?

19. Nook

Nook Member

Well that is not good for the Rockets pursuit of Howard/Bynum

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Thanks for taking the time to explain your points. I'm not privy to how endorsement contracts work, but does it matter where (what team) a superstar plays?

I mean Dwight Howard will be Dwight Howard regardless where he plays. Why would Adidas give him a bigger contract in a big market (LA or NY) as opposed to Houston? Either way they'll market him. I just don't get how that works. Please explain. Thanks!