1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls sign Lonzo Ball (4 years, $85M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 2, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hasheem Thabeet is a bust. Lonzo didn't meet expectations but given he turned to be a pretty good player himself he isn't a bust.

Is Trae Young a bust? Lonzo is better than him when it actually comes to winning games.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

LMAO he's better than Trae now.

hahhahahhahahhahahhahha

Trae left him in the dust a long time ago. What a dumbass thing to say. nobody is ever saying lonzo is better than Trae besides 1 random loser on CF's that doesn't know any better

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL Young gives back on defense as much as he creates on offense. He's practically a net neutral Lonzo is positive on both ends of the ball.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

CF's never disappoints with the stupidity
    [​IMG]

While Trae Young is leading his team to the playoffs and even advancing as far as the ECF, making all nba teams, all star teams. Lonzo ball is hurt leading his team to losing records and never sniffing the playoffs. But but but Lonzo is better. gtfoh with that bs

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Don't think you can compare Lonzo and Trae. One has been the focal point of a team since he was drafted and the other was the focal point for part of his rookie season before Brandon Ingram was obviously the player to build around...before both were eventually traded for Davis.

When the dude is healthy and can play, Ball is pretty good. But at just age 24 and reaching his prime, he just can't seem to stay healthy. Injuries play into the narrative of being a bust. If Sam Bowie is considered a bust, Lonzo is on his way to being a Sam Bowie.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Like I said Lonzo is injured but if he is healthy he better than Trae. You're crazy you all your arguments with Ball revolve around him when he is injured. You tell me nah he sucks when he is healthy but then your follow up post is yeah but he is injured. WTF

Westbrick has even more accolades than Trae Young but is an even worse player than Trae Young so all those all star and 1st teams can suck an egg. ECF? LMAO did they reach ECF last year? All Young has beat is NYN with Julius Randle and Philly with washed James Harden. Not exactly top tier teams.

#26 roslolian, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah like I said he is injured a lot but I was talking about when he is healthy that's why I prefaced all my posts with "healthy Lonzo" etc

You are right if he can't be healthy then he will be lumped into players like Bowie and Oden who while extremely good still got called busts due to health issue. He is still 24 though so maybe he can still turn it around.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is just all kinds of stupid. but no surprise considering who its coming from

what has Lonzo done. funny trying to downplay Trae yet Lonzo sits at home not playing for anything and has lead his teams to nothing but losses. just more stupid logic. classic cf's ignorance

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

They both havent done **** at least Lonzo is making half of what Trae makes.

Lonzo leads his team to losses ok then Chicago goes to lotto and gets a player better than Young GG ez. Young leads his team to get destroyed in the playoffs year after year.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Trae has done plenty, especially for a young player. Last i checked he's made a number of accolades players in the league wish to be on and been in the playoffs and winning series. All of which are the goals of the game. Lonzo on the other hand, well his resume is blank

but but but but he's great

what does making half have to do with anything. Just because a team is stupid enough to fork out money doesn't make it the best decision

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are right Trae led his team to get destroyed in the first round and put up 32% from the field and 18% from 3. Thats quite a lot.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

while Lonzo sat at home like the loser he is and got destroyed in NBA2K. Quite a better feat

you try to use these different stupid logics yet the player you're trying to defend doesn't even have close to a valid rebuttable. Irony sucks for you doesn't it. newsflash, if you want to make a case for a player you might want to wait to see if they can even have a relevant resume to begin with. In this case, well there's nothing on it

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Trae Young is better than Lonzo, all day, everyday, 10 times out of 10.

Lonzo was suppose to be a franchise PG when he was drafted, sure he is a solid role player when healthy, but he was the overall 2 pick of the draft WHICH ALWAYS COMES WITH EXPECTATIONS, ALWAYS. So by those standards, he is definitely a bust, even though he will continue being a good role player assuming he is able to get himself healthy again.

Trae on the other hand is an up and coming superstar. Steph Curry doesn't play a lot of defense either, yet you wouldn't dare state that he is not an elite player, would you? Trae just needs a better team built around him, that's all.

Come on now, don't go stupid on us either.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Steph shot 13% from 3 vs Heat?

Steph doesnt play a lot of defense, but he is still better defensively than Trae Young. Young is 6'1 Steph has 2-3 inches and prob 10-15 pounds on him.

Lonzo when healthy is called a role player but he impacts both sides of the ball. Young gets called a superstar but really he only does good things offensively and cant score vs elite defenses like Heat and Bucks, he built his rep on teams in turmoil like Randle Knicks and Philly Harden.

Every players needs good team around him healthy Lonzo would also be a champion if he has good players around him.

#34 roslolian, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

Suddenly David Griffin don't look so bad for letting Lonzo walk. Lonzo is proving to be injury prone.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It all depends on how you define bust. He clearly is not a bust like Kandi, Thabeet, Darko, Fultz, etc. Those guys couldn't even crack a rotation. Unlike these busts, Ball is a solid NBA starter. He fixed his shot. Now he can be a floor spacer. He's a decent passer and a good defender.

Now if you call a good role player drafted at the top a bust, then yeah, he didn't come close, probably never will, to the pre-draft hype. But I think a lot had to do with his dad's pushing him to be drafted by the Lakers at #2. If not for that, he probably would have been picked in the teens. And I think that all the drama created by Lavar Ball actually stunted Lonzo's development as a rookie. To Lonzo's credit, he kept his head down and was able to shake that off after a couple of seasons.

The fact is, there are plenty of high draft picks who end up not a superstar but have a solid NBA career.

Slyonebluejay and roslolian like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Bust don't get 2nd contracts of any merit.

I don't know why some are so quick to label guys a bust.

Going to be real interesting to see if Smith has as good of a career as Lonzo and see if the bust label is used by the same people.

roslolian likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

19. i3artow i3aller

20. i3artow i3aller