1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Reed Sheppard is a Rocket! And what happened with that Clingan smokescreen? We're talking Rockets live at 10:30am CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    It's time for the second round of the Draft! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room at 3:00pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #44?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Bulls pushing for Boozer-Scola trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rivers, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Bmocareful

Bmocareful New Member

If morey could include Asik and a 1st rounder from a third team this trade would be ok because we could use the amnesty clause on Boozer to get him off the books

2. cod

cod Member

The NY picks were meant to be unbelievable when the Rockets first traded for them but in hindsight the Rockets should've traded them when they had real value.

Charlotte drafted Kemba Walker, Biyomba, while adding Maggette.

For the price of taking on Boozer you'd want something more definite.

If teams are relucant to lose $2-3 million for being a cent over the tax they'd be willing to pay an amnestied max contract?

3. slamburger

slamburger Member

They would likely want Lee+Scola. The Bulls would be nasty with those two.

4. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

If its protected never mind. I always wanted to be the team that screwed someone out of a superstar in the draft by taking on a contract. i.e. cleveland did to clips

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This would be a "blockbuster":

KMart and Scola for Boozer and Noah.

Running this one through the ESPN Trade Machine, the "Hollinger Analysis" says this will increase the Rockets' projected wins by 36 games. :eek: That means we would win 79 games, which would be pretty sweet on a 66 game schedule.

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

If teams are allowed to amnesty cut players they trade for then I could see this happen. Otherwise nope.

7. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

LOL. ;)

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Boozer was pathetic last season, especially in the playoffs. What a front running, greedy, selfish, team-last loser. No thanks. And that's BEFORE you take into account the 59% jump in salary or that he's missed 30% of the last 3 seasons.

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

The thought of Boozer in a Rockets uniform makes me violently ill.

The only way I could stomach it is if we were heavily compensated in some kind of epic Morey fleece job.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If this is happening it is because Howard and Boozer are best friends.

11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

if this happens Tmac gets screwed...

12. Raven

Raven Member

You know, I can't think of any better motivation to attend a Rocket's game in Jan, at night, when it's raining, than to see Boozer wearing our home team's jersey.

:mad:

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Heck no on Boozer. Would much rather keep Scola.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I didn't think he was that bad. Inconsistent, sure. But somewhat to be expected given the change of scenery and system and the fact that he is indeed injury prone.

But it's not like Scola was a consistent 20/10 player every night, either.

Boozer is the better scorer and rebounder. But as noted he is injured more frequently and is overpaid.

If Morey can accumulate more assets towards a 2013+ push towards championships, than I'm all for a trade. If it's a straight up deal, I tend to agree with the majority... no deal.

15. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Booz playing in Rockets Red after Utah series? Shoot me, please if it's going to happen, especially for Scola.

But Boozer is better player and Scola + Lee probably is a fair deal

16. michaelconnor22

This won't happen. Morey won't do anything big, book it now.

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Scola: 8.6M, 9.4M, 10.2M, 11M
    Boozer: 13.5M, 15M, 15.3M, 16.8M

It’s not a fair deal at all when you consider how grossly overpaid Boozer is compared to Scola.

Plus, they’d fill their void at the two-guard?!

Bulls would do that deal so fast your head would spin, but it’s awful for the Rockets.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm no Boozer apologist. I'd even dig up how he stabbed a blind man in the back, what? 6 years ago?

He IS injury prone and didn't entirely mesh with his new team when he came back, but he can score and pass. He couldn't spell defense if you spotted him all the letters.

All this said, I'd hope for a third-team destination for him.

19. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

it depends on strategy, if we want to win now we should take Boozer in a heart beat, he's an all-star when he's healthy (last season he was hurt, extremely hurt, in reg. games and in playoff games). But we don't have any resources to win now, so pass, for sure.

But if this trade will not be the one before the start of the season and Morey will make another with an upgrade on Martin, C or SF positions, this COULD be a nice deal. But, I don't think it should be done anyway and it will not happen

20. Htown's2kFinest