1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls can't wait to get rid of Tom Thibodeau

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SK34, May 5, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

so about the same as Mchale?

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Thibs might kill Howard with how much he's going to make him work. I doubt Howard will like that.

3. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Add Harden to the list:)

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Thibs: [at a team meeting] Can I have your attention, please? I have something I think you all ought to know about. It seems that Mr. Reinsdorf doesn't think too highly of our worth. He put this team together because he thought we'd be bad enough to finish dead last, knocking attendance down to the point where he could fire m-- err, move the team to Seattle and get rid of all of us for better personnel.
    Pau Gasol: Even me?
    Thibs: Even you, Pau.
    Joakim Noah: What if we DON'T finish last?
    Thibs: He'll REPLACE you with somebody who WILL. After this season, you'll be sent back to the NBDL or given your outright release.
    Derrick Rose: [stands up] Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.
    Pau Gasol: What's that?
    Derrick Rose: Win the whole ****ing thing.
    Jimmie Butler: [stands up] Yeah.
    Taj Gibson: [pounds his hand] YES!

Don't know where you've been, but there were plenty of JVG advocates here. Some hated on JVG and his style while others were loudly complaining about his ouster.

1 person likes this.
  5. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

I'd love to have Tom Thibodeau back on the team, but this time as Head Coach!

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Thib >>>>>> JVG

7. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Thibs could get this team to the WCF with his eyes closed.

8. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

I agree, he plays Butler 44 min a night, he'd play harden 50 minutes a night.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You must have not watched how a JVG/Thib coached team play offense with Yao and McGrady.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol. If we hire this guy we are going to demand he be executed after Harden and Howard suffer career ending injuries after playing 48 minutes a game.

11. alethios

alethios Member

What you're forgetting, and it's mentioned prominently in the article, is that Thibs does not play nice with the FO. McHale does and that's why he still has his job, even though he's not as much a taskmaster as Thibs. Thibs is the better coach but Les & Morey probably wouldn't gel with him and he would end up on the outs as quickly as he would be brought in. Plus the players seem to like McHale, and that matters to the FO.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tom Thibodeau is the Chad Shanks of NBA head coaches.

13. robinjaswal23

robinjaswal23 Member

Wouldn't mind Alvin Gentry

14. dream2franchise

I don't see McHale going anywhere soon. Just signed an extension, players love playing for him, and people want to play for him.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Harden was pouting, playing like crap. His lack of fire infected the team. He should have sat.

16. dragonz

dragonz Member

The timing of this article of Adrian Wojnarowski is rather suspicious (original article).

The Cavs is in a tough situation with Love's injure and J.R. suspension, if they lost both games in Chicago, and there is no guarantee they will win both games in their home. It seems like the right time to throw out some article with no real facts and try to distract the opponent. Woj was a major basher of Lebron after he departed to Miami, so I won't be surprised if he is getting paid by Dan Gilbert.

Same thing last year for Donald Sterling debacle, curious timing when Clippers are in the mid of a 7 game series with Worriers, and the rivalry Lakers Legend Magic Johnson is also curiously involved.

Mark Cuban and Dallas Mavs is another good example of always trying to stir something up with the media, which was at full display this first round series.

Rockets at the other hand is not in favor with most of the media, and Mark Cuban also points out that Daryl Morey "doesn't know how media works" earlier this year. I don't think this is Daryl Morey's fault or anything like that, but I wonder if Media War is something every good team is required to do since the competition is so tough now and you need every possible shady advantage you can get?

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Unpossible. Not a mauri type of coach.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't understand why Thibs would get canned.

He is pretty successful year in, year out. Aside from Rose's freak injuries, it's not like any of the other Bulls have sustained injuries JUST because of Thibs methods.

Difference of views or not, Chicago brass needs to realize how good Thibs is, as a coach.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Woj is not the only one who has reported about Thibs leaving. Ever since the start of this season the local Bulls media- orchestrated from the Bulls FO (Gar and Pax) have started a smearing campaign against Thibs.
    If the Bulls don't win a ring it is certain he will leave. Most probably he will end up in Orlando or NO.
    The Bulls FO have a LOOOONG history of fighting and antagonising their coach. They want a yes man and now once again they have done everything to undermine Thibs. From firing his friend assistant coach without consulting with him to imposing on him minutes limitation on his rotations when they hired that woman physician this year.
    Thibs is all but gone.
    I'm more interested to see what the Bulls can get for trading Thibs or if they will straight up eat his contract. They are a very cheap FO but they don't have leverage like Ainge had with Doc. I think a couple of seconds will be it in the end.

20. malakas

malakas Member

They can't work together that's why. It's a butting of egos. Thibs himself is firing back in the national media through his best friend JVG. There must be a basic level of cooperation inside the organisation after all. The FO didn't even want Thibs in the first place the owner vetoed all their choices and hired him. They have never had a good relationship.

Besides Thibs himself isn't without fault - as is no coach ofc. His rotations at times are questionable like the jumbo lineups he uses, having Mirotic play SF, and he has trouble trusting rookies that the FO wants him to develop and favours old done vets over them like Kirk and MDJ. Also his in game adjustments are bad for a coach of his caliber.
    However Rose's and Noah's injuries imo are not his fault , their injuries were non contact and they are just injury prone players.