1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 15, 2022.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m still anti death penalty because of inherent problems with the justice system. Even in a case like this on principle I would still oppose the death penalty.

for someone like this though it might be much worse for them to have to live with for decades what he’s done and how he’s destroyed his own life also.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

some times people just gotta go

the only confliction I have with the death penalty is that there are some who are actually found to be innocent, but when it comes to people like this murderer who killed so many and there’s no doubt that he did it, I fully support it

I wouldn’t even waste people’s time or money, he can go from the court room straight to the chair…let’s get this over with

3. HTM

HTM Member

I think its proper we not by hypocrites.

So, if we’re anti-death penalty in other cases where we are more sympathetic to the perpetrator, let’s be consistent and be anti-death penalty when are are less sympathetic to the perpetrator.

Also, it’s pretty common in the D&D to bring up someones young age as a mitigating factor when we are sympathetic to the young person and their issue, similarly here, this guy was 18 at the time of his crime but no one has mentioned that or considered it.

I’m ok with the death penalty so I’m ok if he fries but the vast majority here are not. Also, I don’t emphasize age as a mitigating factor in other issues, but lots of people do and there is complete silence here on that.