1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Budinger or Taylor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Jan 30, 2010.

?

Which player would best help the Rockets if given minutes.

1. Chase Budinger

69.0%
  2. Jermaine Taylor

12.2%
  3. Neither. Bench both of them.

1.9%
  4. Both, share minutes between them, have them on-court at the same time.

16.9%
  1. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Yep, that was it. Thanks for helping out.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not asking for Budinger to become a go to guy ala Ariza. He needs to play better before he can get big minutes. He has the tools to become a solid role player.
    His main strength is cutting without the ball,but he can handle it fairly well at times. He shouldn't confine himself to becoming a Battier on offense. He has to take risks and learn from his mistakes. I would be very happy if JT gained confidence in the D-league and for him to come and contribute for us this season.

3. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I just don't understand the talk of "if JT get's it" we're still waitin on Dorsey to get it. Obiously the staff feels Chase does and it doesn't take several years to do it. These guys have been playing for most of their lives and to they're not about to get it or change their style just becuase they are pro's.

4. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

I have watched quite a few games, and I am not impressed with Budinger's shooting. I have read a lot about how good a shooter he is, but he has not impressed me in that area. I also took a look at his stats, and his shooting percentage is just 0.4. So my impression is consistent with the actual stats. Therefore, I would like to see how Taylor will do. So I will vote for Taylor, just for the reason to see if he can be a good guard.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

It is because he has a nice shot and other then Aaron Brooks and Shane Battier in the corner, he is one of the few that can take the shot and have a decent chance of hitting it. There is still Ariza, Lowry and Andersen, but all of them are even more (or equally) inconsistent in making threes.

6. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Don't be a moron.

7. Egghead

Egghead Member

Jermaine Taylor reminds me of Kirk Snyder.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Quit being buried in the stats, watch some games and shooting form. Budinger has ability to be an effective 3 point shooter around Shane Battier %. Plus he's a rookie. Aaron Brooks 3pt % was way worse than that his 1st year, now he's at 40%.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Jermaine Taylor's left hand looked noticeably iffy on a couple occassions. Can tell he has to lean his body down into the left hand dribble to get a feel. Thats not a career killer, I'm not down on him. But Taylor just cant rely on being a 6-4 runner and jumper without a little bit better overall skill level. He still manages to get to the paint. I think his outside shot can be adequate, I'd even say its better than Lowry's now.

Would have to go Budinger since he's already a rotation player and can still get better himself.

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Everyone was asking the same of Aaron Brooks his first couple years when he was in the mid to low 30s on his 3s. Most people knew he was a good 3 point shooter but he was struggling with when to take shots. He seems to have settled down now and lookie here, he is right around 40%.

Same with Chase, he is a good 3 point shooter but is also a rookie. Take David Andersen, it's apparent that he is not a good NBA 3 point shooter at this time as you can clearly see the edge of his range. And right now its about 22 feet. Chase however does not have this issue. He has good form and range, all he needs is confidence.

BTW, he's nothing like Bird. Chase can dunk! :grin:

11. langal

langal Contributing Member

one guy is already in the rotation and the other is in the D-league.

Obviously Taylor can't help out the team right now.

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Well, unless you subscribe to the theory that Adelman doesnt like certain players regardless of what they can "in theory" offer the team like Steve Francis or T-Mac. But that opens up a whole nother can of worms about a coach who would supposedly not care about winning games. :eek:

13. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Both are better than Ariza.

14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

JT can shoot threes.