1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bucks Unveil Renderings of New Arena

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Apr 8, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/bucks/release/arena

$500m for the arena and $500m for the surrounding entertainment district

[​IMG]

Warning: huge image
    [​IMG]

Also, LOL at the lime green colorized Millsap and Teague jerseys

2. malakas

malakas Member

the green hawks jerseys was an epic fail. DIdn't like much the arena design but at least it gains some momentum so the team won't move. In a few days the new team colours and logo will also be officially revealed. No more christmas.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

LOL aren't millsap and teague on ATL ? They cant even use their own players for the rendering ?

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So visiting teams will have to wear the Bucks' colors? Damn, talk about a home court advantage!

5. mingthething

mingthething Member

The kid in the bottom left of the picture is advertising the special treatment that players get in the locker massage room.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Bucks are in a shiiity small market for NBA basketball. I've lived around there and I think it was just a waste of money. They are lucky to even have a team in Mil-town.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Your not fooling anyone bucks management with all those photoshopped fans

8. malakas

malakas Member

Not every nba team is in a big city that doesn't mean the team should not have a arena and be taken away does it?
    Besides whenever a team goes well the "fans" suddendly appear again. Just look at Atlanta. The team with the worst fans.

9. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

The NBA is now trying to prop up yet again another horrible NBA market when Seattle is sitting with big, big money in their hands to buy an NBA team, build a brand new arena in downtown Seattle, and return the Sonics to Seattle. Its amazing how much they've screwed that city for really no good reason.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Arena looks pretty good.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Atlanta is 17th in attendance by number of home seats filled to date despite having the second best record in the league.

If you rank by average percentage of seats filled home game by home game they drop to 20th.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bucks/Jason Kidd are tampering ;)

13. malakas

malakas Member

And they are the team that made the playoffs most times continually except the Spurs and besides this year they had no fans at all. To the point that players wanted to leave Atlanta because the stadium was always empty.
    A good team brings fans in the stadium.
    I'm not american but as far I have seen people from Wisconsin like sports and when there is a good team they will fill the seats.

Anyway I'm interested what Rockets neutral fans will think about the new colors and jerseys of the Bucks. The new colors will be forest green cream and blue. Something like this
    [​IMG]

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I like those jerseys. Clean, unique, nice.

Not a fan of the straight black and white that everyone is going for nowadays. I like my sports teams to have a certain main color.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Milwaukee is still a major league city and they've historically supported the Bucks well. The surrounding area is also affluent enough to support the Brewers and Packers, so its not like they're in a tiny/miniscule market.

By comparison, San Antonio, Orlando and Sacramento would both have trouble supporting two other major teams.

Milwaukee's downtown is also far more accessible and inviting than downtown Dallas or Houston. If done right, the new arena will do well there.

16. malakas

malakas Member

I'm not sure of the cream as the main color for the home jerseys. I can't imagine cream jerseys working well.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bucks need to break ground soon

18. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Should just close this franchise

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

agree. I actually really like those colors. I agree that I want my home team to be a little bit more distinct then black/white/one other color. also something about forest green on jerseys just does something for me.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

MADISON, Wis. -- Milwaukee Bucks president Peter Feigin, city officials and Wisconsin state legislators all say they are close to reaching a deal to pay for a new $500 million arena for the NBA team.

The goal is to announce a deal Wednesday, said Rep. John Nygren, co-chairman of the Legislature's budget-writing committee. Nygren's committee is finalizing the state budget this week and intends to include a Bucks financing component.

Talks have been ongoing for months to come up with a way to pay for the arena that's part of a planned $1 billion entertainment district in downtown Milwaukee. Without a new stadium by 2017, the NBA has said it will buy back the team and relocate it.

No one has said publicly what the terms of any deal would look like. But Assembly Speaker Robin Vos said after Tuesday's meeting that the state's contribution would be "significantly less" than the $220 million Gov. Scott Walker initially proposed in January.

Republicans in control of the Legislature have said they want the state portion to be only around $150 million.

Current and former Bucks owners have committed $250 million for the new arena, with the city and county putting in the remaining $30 million. There is no concrete funding proposal from the county, while the city has come up with about an $18 million package and argued it's already spent millions getting the proposed site ready for construction.

Much of the closed-door discussions have focused on the level of contributions from Milwaukee city and county. Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett on Tuesday described the funding deal as "very complicated."

"I remain optimistic, but there's work to be done," said Barrett, a Democrat who lost twice to Walker in 2010 and 2012. Walker has met with those brokering a deal for the Bucks at least once, but his spokeswoman did not say whether he was at Tuesday's meeting held in his conference room at the Capitol.

"I think everybody's on the same page," Feigin said after Tuesday's meeting. "We're trying to get this done."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...president-city-officials-say-arena-deal-close