1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bucks acquire Caron Butler

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 28, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Butler back in town? Sources indicate Bucks, Suns working on a deal

According to multiple sources, the Bucks and Phoenix Suns are seriously engaged in trade negotiations that would bring Butler to the Bucks.

Although exact details of the potential trade aren’t known, Butler, the former Park High School standout, would be the central figure in the deal that could be culminated as soon as today.

Butler will be paid nearly $8 million next season, so the Bucks would likely have to give the Suns some sort of combination involving players and draft picks. It is believed the Bucks wouldn’t surrender any of their frontline players.

#1 J.R., Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bucks are just a painfully sad franchise...

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Much respect for the organization of the Phx Suns#staytuned</p>&mdash; Caron Butler (@realtuffjuice) <a href="https://twitter.com/realtuffjuice/statuses/372922966402560000">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source w/knowledge of talks confirms <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel">@GeryWoelfel</a> report that Bucks trying to trade for Wisconsin native Caron Butler. Deal &quot;still in works&quot;</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/372924749845786624">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>One source close to talks tells ESPN that Caron Butler has been informed that he will indeed wind up with Bucks. Teams hashing out details</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/372927339228704768">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

#3 J.R., Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  4. basketballholic

Bucks are over $7 million under the salary cap, so don't need to send out much salary.

5. NotChandlerParsons

The Bucks are run by the NBA 2k trade AI.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Rockets out: asik/Smith
    Rockets in: ilyasova/udoh/Phoenix 2nd

Milwaukee out: Ilyasova/udoh/ridnour/1st
    Milwaukee in: gortat/butler/dragic/Smith

Phoenix out: gortat/butler/dragic/2nd
    Phoenix in: asik/ridnour/milwaukee 1st

7. Convictedstupid

I feel bad for Bucks fans.

8. basketballholic

I don't understand what the big deal is here. Butler is expiring. Bucks aren't giving up much. Butler obviously wants to go play at home for a possible playoff team in Milwaukee. Suns are doing him a favor and he's thanking them for it. No big deal guys. It's not gonna take down the Bucks. Bucks are the bucks. Small market team trying to make the playoffs with an opportunity to bring home the hometown kid. It's actually a good story in my opinion.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>As <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel">@GeryWoelfel</a> broke, the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Suns&amp;src=hash">#Suns</a> are in talks to send Caron Butler home to the Bucks. Hearing a return of Ish Smith, Slava Kravtsov &amp; pick.</p>&mdash; Paul Coro (@paulcoro) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulcoro/statuses/372938567539908608">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Bucks had loads of cap space this year.

Spent ~$32M on: OJ Mayo, Caron Butler, Delfino, Ridnour, Zaza, Gary Neal

Rockets spent way less ($26M-ish) on: Dwight, Garcia, Casspi, Brooks, Camby, Canaan, Reggie Williams, Ronnie Brewer, Covington

:)

11. Progs

Progs Member

The Bucks 1st rd pick in 2014 sounds good. Dragic night be next on the trade block. Phoenix is tanking for Wiggins. I still think Wiggins ends up at the east coast or Toronto.

12. Chamillionaire

This pretty much sums it up. Although I wouldn't kind getting that Turkish forward without giving up Asik.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If the Lakes miss the p/o's do you not just expect them to wiggle into Wiggins?

14. Fantasma Negro

What is with your obsession with Covington? He's not making this team, stop saying this scrubs name

15. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Haha. Maybe I shouldn't have listed Covington and odds probably are against him making the team, but it's not like it's set in stone that he won't.

I do like Covington from what little I've seen and yet I'm pretty sure I've not mentioned him on here once other than in this thread and when the Rockets signed him, so I'm not really sure why you think I'm obsessed with him.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah. Both of them!

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

All 2 of the Bucks fans should just bandwagon to the Rockets.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL. Compared to some posters on here like Basketballhollic, HMMHMM might as well be considered a Covington Hater in comparison. Only thing he was pointing out is that the Rockets spend cap space on bringing him in to training camp.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

IMO, I really dont see much wrong with this move for the Bucks unless the pick they give up is anything of value.

They aren't going to be a bottom feeder team anyways, and they had the cap space slot to insert another veteran like Butler in for a year. No harm no foul. If you aren't going to be that bad, you might as well be decent.

I think they have a good well rounded team, but they are just missing a good cornerstone player or two. Their roster resembles Houston's just a few years ago. Very mediocre, but might be fun to root for as underdogs on league pass.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No longer content to just break the news the moment it happens, J.R. has taken to breaking news before it comes true!