1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bubba Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 5, 2012.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There has got to be something.

Homosexuality I'm liberal (And scientifically literate), Abortion I'm right in the middle, and when it comes to NASA and space exploration, I'm Republican.

2. Steve_Francis_rules

You may be on to something. If they could combine it with some sort of audio feed to accommodate those who are unable to read lips, it would be great.

3. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

what does this even mean? our manned spaceflight program is currently changing, which is VERY good news for NASA. the shuttle wasn't ever the correct vehicle for the job. rockets are much more efficient and can go places the shuttles never could. while i liked the shuttles and we learned a ton from their use, they had to go. our non-manned spaceflight program, however, is kicking f**cking ass, and has been for decades.

the idea that NASA is somehow republican is ridiculous. NASA is the greatest thing AMERICA has.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I thought it was not just the Democrats, but the Republicans who want to cut NASA budget?

5. Baba Booey

funding for NASA has been going down pretty consistently since 1993. i would love to see their budget increased, but defense has been gobbling up all the money. NASA is now around 0.5% (it was over 1.0% in the 1970s) of the total federal budget. there's not much more to trim there. an axe needs to be taken to the defense department budget. a few easy cuts could free enough money to fund NASA many times over.

SpaceX (or the other two potential carriers) should REALLY help cut costs as well, especially if SpaceX is ever able to make all their parts re-usable.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    RT @darrenrovell Nielsen says Bill Clinton beat Cowboys/Giants. From 10-11:30pm ET, 25.1M viewers watched DNC, 19.8M watched game.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

poor texxx

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Affirmative Action? I don't think DNC or even DLC would ever officially oppose it, but I think it's hard for most whites who aren't academic administrators or military commanders (disproportionate black membership in ROTC) of any ideology to support it, if asked. I think a handful of consistently blue states have outlawed by it legislature or, more tellingly, voter initiatives.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Clinton?
    Why not blame Nixon?
    Watergate, watergate, watergate.
    You're telling me a sex scandal > a political scandal as big as Nixon's?

Nixon technically resigned but his ass was about to get impeached and everyone knew it.
    You know why Bill Clinton didn't get impeached? Because people were reasonable enough to know that a president's sex life has nothing to do with his policies.

#69 RedRedemption, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  10. RedRedemption

In the case for homosexuality, I'm liberal as well.
    I'm all for abortion only in cases of rape or inability to care for the child or the family as a whole. I think That makes me slightly left of center, but still left.
    When it comes to NASA I honestly have no idea. I acknowledge that both sides in that regard have very strong arguments.

In any case I never tilt right on anything... The most is center lol.
    And its not because I tow the party line and support every single thing that the democrats do; I don't.
    However I honestly can't agree with any of the right-wing ideology.. .at least for now.

11. RedRedemption

There we go.
    I think affirmative action is terrible and doesn't solve the root of the problem.
    Thank you for reminding me of that.

EDIT: Sorry for triple posting.

12. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Republicans support NASA for the wrong reasons and Democrats dismiss NASA for the wrong reasons.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

Bill Clinton was impeached.

14. Baba Booey

meanwhile, NASA has been racking up awesome discovery after awesome discovery, year after year after year...

15. Baba Booey

my point is that NASA as a political tool is silly.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Nasa is a shell of itself.It put a probe up 40 years that has traveled to the edge of the solar system and still works. The new nasa has trouble getting things to mars and getting them to work right. The old nasa put a man on the moon. The current nasa needs to pay the russians to go to space. They have crippled it so bad might as well just put it out of its misery.

17. Baba Booey

i feel sorry for your pessimism. i really do. if the things NASA has done in the last 25 years don't impress you, i have nothing to say.

18. RedRedemption

My bad.
    He was impeached but he was acquitted, is what I meant to say. Regardless there is a disconnect between private life and ability to govern.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

When I hear the name Bill Clinton I think of...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AND...

[​IMG]

Devil in a blue dress?
    [​IMG]
    Oh, ha, ha...I see what you did there...

:grin:

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The best thing that could happen to NASA right now is for the Chinese to go to the Moon. Nothing like good old fashioned jingoism and paranoia to drive a space race.