1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BS calls on Yao.. compilation video?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tbplayer22, Jan 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

After seeing that call on Yao last night where Howard just ran into his back I thought someone should put a compilation video maybe around the All Star break of all the BS calls that get called on Yao. It would be interesting to see them all in one video.

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

heh

IM not sure anyone has that kind of time available. :(

Just in the last two games, there have been no less than 5 calls that are totallly BS.

mainly of other players running into him and getting the call.

3. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The two worst off the top of my head are the "no touch" foul against pau gasol and last night's run into the back of yao foul. These calls really are ridiculous, i don't know how there isn't some repercussion for the refs when they make such blatantly horrible calls. If the Rockets play doesn't give me a heart attack by the end of this season, the refs calls against yao definitely will.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yao uses his size a lot to screen for his teammates, or get in the way of offensive players. He gets away with his share of questionable calls as well.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

just splice together any game that he's on the court and that should about cover it. worst officiated player in the history of the game.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

You underestimate the GREATNESS of the YOFs :D

7. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not quite, early shaq was pretty terribly officiated, and not only did he not get a ton of calls, but he got away with a ton of offensive fouls.

Howards double foul with rafer last night was a pretty weak call as well, i would have been pissed as a Magic fan with my best player getting his 5th foul like that.

8. bucket

bucket Member

True, but I don't agree that they balance out. Yao doesn't get away with anything that other players don't get away with, but he certainly gets called for non-existant fouls a lot. Moreover, the officials just let defenders hack away at him with no call. This has been especially true in the last few games.

I think whoever makes this video (someone really should make this video) should limit himself to the last couple of games (Celtics and Magic), just to make it clear that one doesn't have to look far to find horrible, horrible calls against Yao.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Check with the league office, they've probably already received a mile of tape.

What about that play the other night, can't remember the defender, but they literally pulled Yao down on top of them to get the offensive foul call. Enough to make me throw a chair on the court if I was there. He didn't have the ball, just running down into the post and the defender literally grabs him and tackles him down on top of him and they blow the offensive foul on Yao.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Probably true. I think opposing teams probably put together videos of Yao moving screens for the league to look at. I typically see at least one of those per game that doesn't get called.

Yao is so massive, it takes a while for him to move to position for a pick and get completely still. Momentum can be a b****.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

the video would be too long........

12. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

That was James Posey and that was after Pollard flopped when Yao just ran down and set up on the post to get a call against him.

13. bloop

bloop Member

to me it just looks like lazy footwork. like your JV coach taught you, yao just needs to LOOK and wait for the other guy to move before he does but he's so anxious about being slow he often doesn't stop and wait before he makes his move

the point of it being illegal is so you cant actively move to impede another player's progress but in Yao's case it doesn't really affect anything... the smaller player is already going around yao even if yao's feet aren't totally planted.. it's simply lazy footwork, it's not like the rockets are trying to exploit and advantage by having yao move to block the other player

still, wtf. I'd be all for them calling EVERY illegal screen yao ever makes if they give us a fair shake on the 2-3 total BS calls Yao gets a game and the 3-4 questionable ones. if he had to yao could clean up his screens it's a tiny issue... but consider how much more aggressive yao could be if he knew he wouldn't be called on bull****

as for the mixtape, I find it hard to believe there isn't some savvy kid somewhere in china already working on it

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You can start by merging these 2 clips:

http://media.putfile.com/Yao-gets-another-Bogus-call--Refs-Racist-plain-and-simple

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYF_emoL3Yw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYF_emoL3Yw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

15. Sextuple Double

I don't think the average lifespan is long enough for a human being to come up with such an accomplishment. This will require handing down footage like heirlooms to our great-great-great-great-great grandkids. Many generations of lives will have to be 100% devoted to that alone. Are you sure you are ready to devote the next 20 generations of your family to this!?

16. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Sometimes I don't understand the behaviors of the refs. The call against Yao happened right in front of a ref and was not as difficult to judge as the call to end the game. No player even jumped and Yao didn't move. It was so easy to make the right call or just no call. The only reason (that I can think of) was that the ref already made his mind to call against Yao even before Howard touched Yao. How pathetic.

17. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Just another one.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qi55kwI8B3w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qi55kwI8B3w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Dwight Howard actually got at least 8 fouls last night. I know of two that weren't called. Can you imagine what kind of stats Yao would have if he could get away with stuff like that?

19. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

That would make a great TV commercial...

Yao walking through a metal detector an airport... Sets alarm off, and the zebras converge out of nowhere... Same thing happens with Yao hailing a taxi... Foul!... Yao buys some poultry in the cold cuts section - FOUL!... Yao is at home shooting a piece of paper into the trash... FOUL!... Yao runs a yelllow light... FOUL!...

Yao would have to have a sense of humor to take part... but he does that ever night in the NBA, right?

20. choujie

choujie Member

We are not talking about questionable calls, we are talking about ridiculouse bad calls, like offensive foul when Yao was thrown down to the groud by Howard, offensive fould when Howard ran into him from behind, offensive foul when Davis ran into him from behind when he's shooting, no touch foul on Pau Gasol, offensive foul when make a move against double team but defensive foul when Artest did the same thing to him in the same game etc.