1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BS Article/Video] James Harden is disrespecting the unwritten rules of the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sajan, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

http://theundefeated.com/features/j...isrespects-the-unwritten-rules-of-basketball/

James Harden is disrespecting the unwritten rules of the game

Calling too many fouls is outlawed by the international brotherhood of hoopers

Hoop World hates it when that dude, who’s already a tough cover, starts calling ticky-tack touches every time you come near him. Or when she misses a clean look on game point, then calls foul after the ball clanks off the rim. Sometimes it really is a foul. But if you call too many, then nobody wants to give you any, and it sucks the fun out of a joyful experience.

“It’s disrespectful to the game,” said Rasheed Brinkley, my Thursday night nemesis in Philadelphia (former overseas pro, slashing guard, would and-1 you to death).

“You could call a foul every time down the court if you chose,” said Brinkley. “I always felt I didn’t need the refs, I’m that good. That’s how my mentors taught me: Go do what you do.”

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

KD: Harden's style 'clever,' not cheating at all

"He may bump guys off going to the rim but everybody does that. I wouldn't say that he's found a way to ... cheat the rules. I wouldn't say that. I just think that he has his style of play. It might not be what everybody likes to see, but it's been effective. And I don't think he's been cheating the game at all."

tmoney1101 likes this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

Rockets are attempting to 'manipulate' referees & the NBA is having none of it | NBA | THE HERD

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

That article was hilarious. The writer acknowledges that the basketball he’s talking about is NOTHING compared to NBA ball, but still goes with it. Then basically assumes Harden in pickup games would be calling his own fouls left and right and that he would have to fight people because of it.

topfive likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Look, this isn’t the way to go about this. We just look about sore losers with all this complaining.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Dude uses pick up game rules and players no one has ever heard of to defend his point about one of the greatest offensive players in NBA history disrespecting the game? Sounds a bit salty to me.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What's the better way to "go about it" than to post it on a Houston Rockets fan forum? Go on a public forum like reddit and do the complaining there?

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’TS TIME TO MAN UP

whiskeyred likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Did not read. Do not care.

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Exactly. We look like b****es now. It's cringy as a Rox fan. MDA should of blasted the refs and took the fine. It's not gonna change. Grab your nuts and move on.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

I also think it's the writer's way of making sure his readers know he can hold his own against guys who were once almost in the NBA.

Total garbage article. If he plays ball like he writes, he's never gonna see court time.

12. realonemo

realonemo Member

Didn't Jr Smith say that he hates playing pickup with Harden because he plays the same exact way that he does in real games.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the reality is, all this is doing is putting MORE pressure on the rockets, specifically james harden when as underdogs should be playing with less. this is not cool.

14. HookemHorns1250

You are not allowed to launch forward and hit the shooter regardless if it’s a floater or jump shot. It’s annoying to hear “Well Harden is jumping forward”. That doesn’t matter. If Klay had jumped straight up and down, then no it wouldn’t be a foul, but that’s not the case.

What Klay is doing is a foul, the argument ends there.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m sorry, but wtf is a Rasheed Brinkley, and why the hell should I care about any of the nonsense in this “article?”

some irrelevant fool who nobody knows named Myron said this...

They already let Harden travel on his step-back, and now he wants a foul too?” he said. “I feel like the way these NBA guys expect calls today, if they came to the playground, I could give them the business right now.”

Come again? You could do what? If any of these irrelevant nobody’s played Harden, they’d all be heading home with battered bodies and decapitated ankles. What a joke.

16. biff17

biff17 Member

LOL what?

Since when is Harden calling his own fouls?

the hate is high in this one.

17. dmoneybangbang

I here ya. But all this complaining is off putting to me, even as a die hard rockets fan.

Everyone gets an opinion.

whiskeyred and steddinotayto like this.
  18. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

unwritten rules of the game? wtf does that even mean? If it's a rule shouldn't it be written? If it's not a rule then wtf are they whining about? NVM not giving them any clicks.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It seems like so many people want the Rockets to help MAINTAIN THE APPEARENCE OF FAIRNESS AND INTEGRITY
    more than they want FAIRNESS AND INTEGRITY

Rocket River

jcf and RayRay10 like this.
  20. SemisolidSnake

And the League, refs, and Warriors are disrespecting and trampling on the WRITTEN rules of the game, Jesse Washington. Go crawl under your silly hat, whoever you are, and stay there.

Sajan and jcf like this.