1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brutal: Obama's approval ratings worst since Nixon; even worse than W's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Dec 17, 2013.

1. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

tex post:

....shameful......clown.....resorting to insults shows you are out of ideas....please provide proof....

He does nothing to advance any substantiated argument of his own.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

First off, Merry Christmas to you and your family. I won't take much time to post today due to the celebration with my family.

Second, your post is completely wrong. I started this thread with facts. Poll numbers. They came out saying that Obama's approval is now worse than W's at the same points in their presidencies. That's a legitimate topic, especially given the focus on polls that the Obama administration places. Completely in bounds.

Then you fly off the handle with your marathon post with nothing but personal attacks. I can't believe I constantly have to repeat myself, but why can't you simply stick to the topic at hand? Why must you make personal attacks on other posters? I suspect the reason is because you're frustrated you cannot defend yourself on the facts in the original post. Resorting to insults almost always means that you can't argue the facts.

...and of course I'm a Rockets fan. I'm admittedly not as knowledgeable about basketball as many posters on here, so I don't post a lot in the GARM, but I do follow the Rockets closely, and do read the GARM. I even had one of the first posts after the Dwight-to-Houston news broke. My expertise lies in baseball and football, which is where I post a lot more.

Merry Christmas

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You just proved my point. Thanks.

And those were facts you presented from that "source?" Hmmm....no.

4. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Just spam all his threads with pics of Obama.

5. bigtexxx

Actually I disproved your point.

At least you had the decency to waive the white surrender flag and not drag out your flawed argument further.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Nothing but an internet bully.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

[​IMG]

8. bigtexxx

a bully would be one who hurls insults and employs name-calling.

that would not be me. Codman would fit that description better, actually.

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Make no mistake, everyone here knows what you are.

10. bigtexxx

lol this is all you can offer when you can't provide facts.

Merry 2nd day of Christmas, and I hope you find 2014 to be less hate filled to where you don't feel the need to insult and employ name calling.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

clown being a clown par par who gives a ****.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

texxx - I don't want my last memory of you in 2013 to be smoketastic destruction of you by CometsWin.

Is there a phoenix there? Or have you simply gone dark?

13. Nook

Nook Member

BigTexxx never goes dark brah.

14. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

He is still playing with his Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity dolls his wife bought home for Xmas.

15. bigtexxx

lol at SamFisher coming in from the cheap seats to try to offer CometsWin some help in his time of need. The liberal pile on technique is only needed when one of their members is hurting, and CometsWin fits the bill here. CometsWin's desperation is clear, as he follows me around like a puppy dog, trying to score some mythical point versus me. As he falls further and further into his hole, he tries harder and harder. I actually find it kind of funny at the effort he puts forth.

The broader story here is that the liberals aren't rushing to point to Obama's accomplishments -- instead they're focused on personal insults and distraction attempts. Nuff said

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The smoldering pile of clown show doubles down on clown show. More clown show please!