1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brutal: Obama's approval ratings worst since Nixon; even worse than W's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Dec 17, 2013.

1. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Interested.

Republican approval rating is lower than the African American disapproval ratings. Low income approval comes in right around the average.

Perhaps least surprising, the more education the person had the higher the approval rating of Obama.

Republicans are clearly the drone, uneducated voters here.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think that has always been the case, I mean, this is the guy that they worship and have a hard-on for.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jRNCpD3xhsY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How can anyone take your position seriously?

Obama has done plenty in 5 years. The question is do you like what he has done and how do you judge how successful he has been in his efforts.

This is an effort to make yourself appear impartial so people feel your position on "W" and bigtexx are more relevant.

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

And the left continues to play victim without outlining anything specific Obama has done in his presidency.

5. Bandwagoner

The massive liberal contingent on this board has outlined the President's actions ad nauseam.

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Nice deflection.

7. Bandwagoner

What have I deflected? Your entire argument is a way around having an opinion on the actions of the President.

If you actually think he has done nothing in 5 years, your position should be he is the worst president of all time, not just subpar. Nothing about your statement is logical.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You are trying to take a statement that you knew was not used in a literal sense to predicate a failing argument for the purpose of saving face for a president that isn't nearly as good as you were lead to believe. The act of doing "nothing" is impossible, which is why it wasn't meant to be taken literally. If you were to interpret it as an intelligent individual would, as I am sure you are, it would be that the president has done somethings that are worthy of praise and somethings that are worthy of criticism, but at the end of the day they cancel each other out. My criticism of the comparison to dubya is that he was a president far more worthy of criticism than of praise. For Obama to come close that level, he would have to start a meaningless war costing many people their lives.

9. Bandwagoner

But your conclusion was "I think Obama does suck" which directly conflicts.

and yet Obama's escalation and continuation of war in Afghanistan is nothing? three times as many U.S. fatalities have been in his 5 years when compared to Bush.

Yes, I am a well know Obama defender :confused:

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

How is that out of line? I used an informal word to share my feelings. Suck in my sense could be interpreted from the line of thinking of a lot of liberals that think he "sucks" because he didn't accomplish what he set out to do. It doesn't necessarily have to imply that he is bad, it could imply the absence of good like I was stating. Way to be nitpicky though.

I think you chose to completely ignore these key words from what I said.

I don't care what you are, I don't change my opinions based on whether someone is a dem. or rep., although it is obvious from your responses that I pinched a nerve when dropping truth bombs. Maybe you're pretending or trolling me, idk.

11. SunsRocketsfan

actually Obama's foreign policies has been quite dissapointing. I was hoping Obama would get us out of other people's affairs and fighting all these battles that have nothing to do with us. He's continued most of Bush's policies and nothing has really changed. In addition his whole spying on everyone and including other world leaders hasn't quite helped his reputation overseas.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Really? Last time I checked he hasn't started a new full scale war on another nation since he was i office while Bush started two. In fact he avoided Syria.

13. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Everyone is spying on everyone. The other countries were just jealous at how well the USA was spying.

The spying thing is a non-issue.

14. Bandwagoner

Your "truth bombs" include arguments that just because you said "Obama sucks" doesn't mean you have a bad opinion of him. I can't believe your posts always been this separated from reality. The nerve you touched was illogical and impossible statements. My curiosity of their genesis is satisfied.

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I have picked apart everything that you have brought up. Just because you don't like it, you resort to your classic defense. Oddly enough, lets agree to disagree, even though I have no idea what your position is. You simply popped up to defend a groupie (texxx), then attacked me for criticizing Obama (which I outlined very thoroughly), to some weird defense of dubya while trying to equate his war hawk presidency with Obama. You're all over the place man. Talk about illogical there. You know what my stance is, but it is very difficult to pinpoint yours, its almost as if you popped up to argue for the sake of arguing.

16. Bandwagoner

As I see it your stance is Obama sucks because he has done nothing but he isn't bad. Genius.

You haven't pick apart anything, lol. Get an opinion dude.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

My bad, I shouldn't have made my statements so complex. Rudimentary from here on out, gotcha. I believe I offered my opinion numerous times, its not my fault you weren't able to follow along or didn't like them to the point that you would resort to such attacks.

Good day.

1 person likes this.
  18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

As far as I can tell Obama has presided over the death of civil liberties in this country, a crappy healthcare law that is finds new ways to fail every week, and the deaths of lots of foreigners.

What's not to love?

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Uh, facts?

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Really?

The way I see it Mr Obama has saved our economy from collapse, killed enemy #1, ended two wars, started our country on the path of sensible healthcare reform, installed two liberal SC judges (with the hope of more) and hopefully will bring about comprehensive immigration reform.

Just think about how much more we could have accomplished if republicans would have been willing to help and do what needed to be done for the good of the country.

#80 mc mark, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013