1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Brussels Airport Explosions Kill and Wound 'Several': Official

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

i don't believe interrogation is exact science. i don't believe there's a single catch-all most effective technique for all subjects in all situations. Trump obviously believe waterboarding works and should be an option.
    and judging by Trump's support, obviously a lot of people have been fine with it for decades. they didn't become OK with it because of Trump.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you're right but this is the type of PC BS that also makes people lose focus on the real problem. So saying that type of stuff is offending, so what, be offended but don't change the subject on the real issue. we can kiss and make up afterward.

#162 ipaman, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  3. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know how long some people have been in favor of it. I understand anger and wanting punish terror suspects. But I also understand that experts have told us that torture isn't the most reliable means of gathering information.

I'd like to stop terrorists. I'd like to get the information that will help us stop, future attacks and take out terrorists. So, rather than doing what satiates my anger, bitterness, and also is the way of people our nation holds as bad guys such as Saddam Hussein, prefer to do what is actually the most effective way to stop terror attacks and take out terrorists.

I also know that our military leadership and handbooks are against torture. As a supporter of the military, I think it's a slap in the face to people who were held and waterboarded by the Japanese in WWII, were held and tortured by the NVA/Vietcong in Vietnam, etc.

It's also wrong... That should be all that's required to say or think about. It's wrong. You don't do what's wrong when you know it's wrong. You don't let folks dedicated to doing wrong pull you into something that's also wrong. They win.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Sure there are other examples, but the vast majority of Muslim terrorism activity seems to come from Arabs with direct ties to the Middle East (I have my feelings as to why this happens, but I won't get into it here). I know this is overly generalizing, but look at a country like Indonesia since you mentioned Bali and Jakarta. It is 90% Muslim and is basically free of violent crime and terrorism even including these recent events.

I'm not offering any solutions for or reasoning behind the motivations of the recent attacks...but I think it is incorrect to say this is a simply an Islam issue when you have a giant Muslim country of Indonesia lacking violence and terror on the whole.

Just my two cents and my two cents could be worthless :p

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm glad to see Trump has freed you from the persecution of political correctness and you can now piss all over the Constitution without worrying what people might think or say about you. America is getting greater already.

7. Anticope

Anticope Member

I think this is as good a time as any to present the guide on how to deal with terrorist attacks for Donald Trump fanboys. So it’s 4 am and you, Trump fanboy for life, have just woken up for your early morning shift at Taco Bell. You’re disgusted that they have started serving food in the morning that they claim is “breakfast” despite the fact that it is extremely questionable whether these products deserve the label of breakfast, or food in general, but such is life and you have learned to live with it. You turn on the TV and BAM there it is, another ISIS attack, this time in Belgium. While you didn’t know that Belgium is a country, you just thought it was a type of waffle, you are nevertheless enraged and looking to the next steps in how to cope with this revelation. You need not worry, for I am here with the full proof guide on dealing with such circumstances for you, a Donald Trump fanboy:

Step 1: Soil yourself. It’s going to happen sooner or later so why procrastinate? There’s absolutely no shame in this, those brown people they’re showing as the possible suspects on TV are scary as hell and YOU COULD BE NEXT.

Step 2: After a quick change of the britches, it’s time to move on to social media. Log onto Facebook so you can start letting your friends and family know how you feel! They probably wrote you off as the crazy relative/friend years ago but what do they know with their college degrees and high paying jobs and actual social skills?

Step 3: Time for your actual post. It needs to be angry and insulting, let everyone know that the US needs to ban Muslims, torture more people, kill the families of terrorists, etc. After all, Islamic terrorism is a HUGE problem in this country, 14 people were killed by ISIS in the United States in 2015 alone, more than the number that died from cancer and heart disease combined. (Source: the shows and internet) One note here, you want to be as angry and irrational as possible but KEEP IT SIMPLE. Try not to use words of more than 2 syllables, they tend to confuse others, plus not to mention those words probably aren’t in your vocabulary anyways.

Step 4: You’ve submitted your well-thought-out post on terrorism so now it’s time for a follow up post that focuses on other Trump issues. And let’s be real, if you’re going to politicize an issue, go big or go home! Talk about how much we are losing at trade and need to win win win and how we need to BUILD THAT WALL. Throw in some facts about how thousands of women across the country are being raped by illegal Mexican immigrants as we speak.

Step 5: Soil yourself again. Let’s face it, you’ve had a long day and have done more than your part to make America great again, so you’ve earned this. Plus, you just saw the picture of those terrorists on TV again and they’re scary as hell!

1 person likes this.
  8. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

"More people have been slaughtered in the name of religion than for any other single reason. That, my friends, that is true perversion." - Harvey Milk

Relevant quote for every single one of these threads.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

total deflection

if you don't think Islamic terrorism is a problem, you're wrong

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUST IN: Brussels attacks appeared to target Americans, Intel chairman says <a href="https://t.co/tErH6C6dor">https://t.co/tErH6C6dor</a> <a href="https://t.co/HSvyATFAp3">pic.twitter.com/HSvyATFAp3</a></p>&mdash; The Hill (@thehill) <a href="https://twitter.com/thehill/status/712688828000124928">March 23, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Indonesia has brutal laws and is removing rights from women at an alarming rate. I don't think you want to use Indonesia as any kind of success story. Any country that can force women to have virginity checks before employment IMO has terrorists for leaders in the government. I don't care what your religious book tells you, women are not property and are not second class citizens.

12. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Not sure why LBTG types keep bringing gay pride and their heroes into every issue. Being gay isn't the only form of adversity people face.

This is the 5th time you've quoted Harvey Milk, a man famous for being gay and nothing else, completely out of context. Reaching for anything, I guess, to moisten your rainbow colored panties in the middle of the afternoon.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm just saying that most of the religious terrorist violence seems to center around one area of the world. There are other areas of the world with many more followers of Islam where this violence doesn't really exist.

Also, I'm not pro Islam. I'm not pro religion. It is very backwards. **** we have a guy running for president that has a dad that thinks the Bible and Christianity should run all aspects of life and government. No idea why that doesn't get more publicity....but that's another rant for another time.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is being an ******* a requirement for a "Honey Bear?" Apparently, with all respect due.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

when i heard it was american airlines terminal i knew it was an attack against the usa and not belgium directly. these idiots are stupid enough to associate a private company with the name american in it as an american symbol.

bottom line it was an attack on america (in belgium) and should be treated as such. or we could go catch a ballgame and visit south america instead.

16. okierock

Center around one area? Belgium? New York? Paris? Boston?.... I think it is safer to say that it centers around one ideology.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Iraq has by far more terrorist bombings and most victims are Muslims

18. okierock

I'll take it that we agree then.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you know what PC even is? It has nothing to do with labeling a world religion a "death cult".

So since you are so focused on the issue, what do you think the solution is? Banning Islam?

20. okierock

Do you think there is an issue?

If so, what do you think the solution is?