1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brussels Airport Explosions Kill and Wound 'Several': Official

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 22, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

For starters stop letting them in

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You make them dead assholes.

3. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

So massive sterilization program?
    Not sure what you mean here.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No, it is part of the "24"/"Walker Texas Ranger" delusion, namely that tough-minded hard-drivin' agents can save us from all bad guys.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean eliminating the strongholds of terrorist organizations across the globe. If they have nowhere to be safe and train, you eliminate most of the threat. Allowing ISIS to continue occupying land is really stupid.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Your last part is spot on, but nobody with your level of bias and ignorance should ever be allowed to call anything someone else says or does---as stupid. You don't have that right. Turn the clock back 40 years or so when the ideas the KKK pushed were common amongst white families. Sure not all of them carried out the acts, but the common sentiment was that whites were superior and required a privileged place in society not afforded to those of color. I'm not surprised that your preconceived bias would call for it not to fit the narrative that you have built, but you should do it with civility so that you can at least give the impression that you are a rational human being as opposed to an angry guy huffing and puffing in front of a keyboard.

I'll say it again. If ISIS does something again tomorrow, the same group of people, please tell me how your rhetoric of shutting down any immigration blaming Islam as a whole---even more so than the previous criticism---makes any sort of sense. You are an extremist in every sense of this crusade you carry on. It is so blindingly obvious. I actually agree with a lot of what you say, Islam has a problem. Then you go on inserting "Israel has been dealing with this for the past ..." --in the most disingenuous manner possible. I'm sure that if someone rolled a stop sign and happened to be muslim you would jump out spewing your biased vitriol the same way, an angry petulant child that thinks he has solved the problem from the start by labeling everything from a group that comprises close to a 1/5 of the world's population as inherently evil and "cult". What you're doing right now is cultish, there's is a reason that every other member on here calls you out for your troubling obsession. Try to make an effort to carry out a normal conversation, I don't know how things are in Germany, perhaps I need to look at it from your perspective over there before I attack you on some sort of level, but you really can't help yourself from acting like a complete condescending bigoty douche. The petty remark at the end didn't validate a response but I gave you one anyways.

If you haven't been able to call your paradoxical condescension in to question, you can expect to be treated the same way.

You being an idiot and Islam having a problem are not mutually exclusive. Spend the rest of your day pondering on that. Please.

7. TheresTheDagger

JV Team strikes again.

8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Information flows too freely, and communication too accessible to stop isolated cells.

The radicalization of natural citizens ensures there's no single one place to "conquer". We made that mistake with Iraq/Afghanistan to begin with.

In the end, making them dead assholes isn't even a solution because they eventually arrive at that conclusion, ie. suicide bombings.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Does this include the Klan and the other homegrown terrorist like those dudes that took over that government building?

Rocket River

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

According to our own basketball reasons (the poster, via the Hangout thread) who is nearby the attacks, 8 attacks were planned, so the good guys neutralized 6 attacks. Kudos to the good guys; this could have been 200 or more people killed.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with you. It's too bad you were being sarcastic.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know it's popular among leftists, particularly black American leftists, to try to associate that idiotic group with ISIS as a way to create some narrative about how we respond to "white" terrorists, but it's pathetic.

That group was stupid and they were/are criminals. They got arrested and handled appropriately. However, they are in no way comparable to ISIS, Al Qaeda, etc.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Once they are already trained, there's not much that can be done, that's why I was saying you have to prevent them from getting that training and becoming the isolated cells.

When the US went in to Iraq and Afghanistan, it put a HUGE dent in their organizations, but they found safe haven in Syria and we did nothing to stop them. In fact, we prematurely cut bait in Iraq and let them conquer some of that country to have even more land in which to be safe and train terrorists.

You can't allow them to have a stronghold anywhere on the globe.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You think the solution for European terrorism is to bring in more refugees? Bold strategery.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a false equivalency, but I'll play along.

If there was a domestic terrorist threat, I'd want the FBI to stop them and prevent them from gaining a stronghold in order to train as well.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Our condolences to the innocent victims of this act.

If we are serious about combatting this form of terrorism we must 1) continue with aggessive police work and 2) start addressing the underlying reasons that make a few Muslims make the bad decisions to do crap like this.

As examples once we settled most of the issues wrt to Northern Ireland, terrorism went down significantly. Once we invaded Iraq terrorism went up significantly.

17. malakas

malakas Member

I feel sick to my stomach watching this carnage.
    German posters plz be careful.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Where did I say that I want to "shut down any immigration"? Voices in your head?

What is "most disingenuous" about saying that Israel has had to deal with suicide bombings for decades, when they are a relatively new phenomenon in Europe?

Voices in your head, speculating and projecting. "I'm sure..." - nope.

The number of people following a bad idea does not make it a good idea. There were tens of millions of Germans who supported the Nazis. That does not make Nazism a good idea.

A religious ideology that is built on perceiving the life of a pedophile warlord and murderer as the perfect life, and that punishes those who want to leave the ideology with death is a bad idea.

Voices in your head, kid. At least shut up while they are still counting the dead bodies of today's manifestation of the "religion of peace", in Brussels, in the heart of Europe. Criticizing an ideology that leads people into committing such terrible acts is not "cultish", it is the right thing to do. Nobody needs some hillbilly like you to defend this religious ideology like a self-proclaimed white knight.

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Moderate muslims will tell you #2 is a result of American imperialist policies. That terrorists really can't be blamed.

However, disadvantageous christians, jews, hindus and scientologists on the short end of imperialist policies don't seem to resort to mass death and killing to resolve their issues. They don't see it as fine to kill a cartoonist who draws their prophet.

There's also the little advertised fact that Islam has been warring with itself, and all of its neighbors long before the discovery of oil. In fact, oil is the only reason there's any development in the middle east whatsoever, although it hasn't been able to advance barbaric mentalities.

I think it's time we address the narratives shared by muslims all around the world, instead of constantly playing the PC game and looking for scapegoats. It's like letting a drug addict, gun toting child of yours run wild without taking accountability for his actions.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think ATW is right that these Islamists are indoctrinated since childhood. It is an ideological war. Given that, there are a few million free agents looking for a home. We can take them, break the indoctrination and build our own case for a Western Islam. Or we can lock them out, allow Muslim radicals to indoctrinate them, and give them yet another reason to believe they should fight us.

Yes, you would have terror attacks as a result. People would die because of a sunshine policy. So, it's politically probably not tenable. But, in the long run I think we'll have a better outcome adopting and acculturating Muslims than we will shutting them out and eventually fighting wars of hegemony.