1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brussels Airport Explosions Kill and Wound 'Several': Official

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 22, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Islam is a religion where you're better off no trying to integrate with the Western countries. Muslim kids as a small child are thought some really backwards views on the world and these kids will grow up with these ideologies stabled into their heads. Islam has become more then a spiritual religion and it's spreading like cancer through out Europe. The things you hear coming from countries like France, Belgium and UK are extremely shocking. Trump the only man that understands this and isn't afraid to say it and yes banning Islam is going to have positive long term effect on this country.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In history, banning anything hardly ever works. Banning a religion? Good luck...

What is your alt account btw? No one makes a NBA team message board account and just dedicates their entire time on that message board to D&D unless it's an alt account.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You're not banning anything, you're just halting immigration from countries that produces large numbers of jihadists. I'm hearing from families in UK that these Muslims that are so attached to their religion and are joining jihadists groups are 2nd generation muslims. You won't be able to have 2nd generation without 1st.

I'm Ron Artest aka Meta World Peace btw

4. fchowd0311

So your solution is to contain the refugees in a region with direct ISIS influence, the same refugees that are homeless and would be easily persuaded to join an entity like ISIS especially if ISIS tells them they are fighting the very same people(Asad) that blew up their home. TEMPORALLY ban the region so when you 'un-ban' the region, you have a significant increase of refugees who are in line with ISIS? Very well thought out plan there buddy.

Ideally, other Muslim countries should take them in. That is the best solution honestly.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You are missing the point, and I am too tired to explain, but you have to distinguish between lawful combatants and terrorists.

6. fchowd0311

Basically state-sponsored combatants vs non-state sponsored combatants.

Like I said before, forget the moral argument. Torture isn't even pragmatic.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are they "inflamed" at all by what their fellow believers are doing all over the world?

Are they "inflamed" enough by that?

Or are they only "inflamed" when it concerns one of "their own"...

8. fchowd0311

Yes, most cultures are selfish and self interested. So when you tell an American Muslim citizen that their mother/brother/father etc from overseas can't come visit, them, they will be 'inflamed' ad rightfully so as any group of humans would also. What is so unique here? I really don't understand your point. Odd post from you. I thought you were against the whole 'ban all Muslims' type rhetoric.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I am against it, but I am also annoyed with the fact that Muslims seem to very easily get "inflamed" when it in any way is perceived as something concerning them, but they don't seem to give much of a damn (save some official condemnations by paid ideology lobbyists) when horrible things are being done in the name of their religion every day.

Just two days ago, a Salesian priest was crucified by Islamists in Yemen. Did anyone care? Nope. Today, huge bomb attack once again in Pakistan. Barely registers. But when some crazy priest in Florida said he is going to burn a Quran...or some cartoon is supposed to depict Mohammed...OUTRAGE!

10. fchowd0311

Homeboy, we got Christians here 'inflamed' that their Starbucks cup doesn't have Merry Christmas on it. You bet your ass if a leading presidential candidate even abruptly hinted at banning all Christians into the US, the Christian population would be 'inflamed' just like any other group of people.

I don't believe someone is "easily inflamed" when they are upset/scared/angry that a leading presidential candidate wants to not allow any of their kind in to the country. No, they are well within the means of being justifiably inflamed.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member