1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Broussard: Howard 'very unlikely' to re-sign with the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 27, 2013.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Really starting to think that someone leaked the Dallas stuff to Broussard as a "favor" to Cuban. People use Broussard all the time -- everyone around the league knows it. With other credible reporters (Amick, Feigen, Aldridge) all pumping Houston today and discounting the Mavs, it doesn't seem like there's much substance to it.

To me, it reeks of throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Maybe they get some traction with Dwight, but probably not. Bigger picture, I think the Mavs just want their name out there as a "desirable destination" for marquee free agents, and someone from Dwight's camp did Cuban a solid with this leak.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

1 person likes this.
  3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Patience people, patience. We're at the point where reading tea leaves is useless. The time is short... so find your happy place, see what happens tonight, and wait for 7/10

4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Broussard on the ESPN Daily Dime with some others answering questions and giving updates, we should go tell him we have sources feeding us some inside information as well. Here is what he posted a minute ago:

Chris Broussard
    Also hearing that Toronto is looking to grab the No. 2 pick. Not sure who they're targeting, but Oladipo is an educated guess....

[​IMG]

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Indeed. We're at the point now where the articles are going to be coming from every direction, and the ebbs and flows are going to be tumultuous. One thing is for certain: the Lakers are not going to give up without putting up a fight. Billboards are just the beginning. I'm sure they're going to w**** out Phil Jackson every chance they get, and he'll be all too willing to oblige because who doesn't like to have their ego stroked? It's going to be an interesting, yet exhausting couple of weeks, but I hope at the end of it, we'll end up getting our guy.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I see now. Should have been obvious, but with Lakerfolk...

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Lets hope you two never break up. ;)

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. treeman

treeman Member

Which tells me that he has already made up his mind.

11. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

After today's news I'll be shocked if he goes back to the Lakers, especially after all of the nonsense Dwight supposedly said about the fans. Even if it was BS, the Laker fans just destroyed any chance of re-signing Dwight with the way they reacted.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Broussard just said on ESPN that Houston is the frontrunners

what an asshat

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Chris was just on ESPN saying that Houston was the frontrunner...his concern with Houston is if they would feature him in the offense (of course they would.)

With Dallas Dwight would like to be the face of the franchise again...which I think is some BS. He could be the face here, he could be the face of the Lakers after Kobe retires. Doubt that is what this is mainly about.

14. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Just heard Broussard on ESPN. Some interesting things said. He said Dwight has concerns with us. He wants to make sure that he is featured defensively and offensively in our system, which he would be. But the most interesting thing I heard is that, Broussard said Golden State would be interviewing Howard. Don't know if thats true or not. Guess we'll find out.

15. senter

senter Member

lol! i dont know why i laughed so hard at this, but i nearly lost the twix i was chewing on.

can someone post the googly eyes gif of him?

16. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not sure how Golden STate would interview him. They can't just sign him outright I thought...So what would be the point of him visiting them?

19. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I want Dwight just as bad as anyone, but I hope wherever he signs, he won't drag it out a long time. Too many dwight howard threads here.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Golden State trying to get a visit with Dwight Howard too. Source says he'll likely meet with them.</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/350383195432292354">June 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>