1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Carmelo and Marcus Camby to Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mario_v, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Just saying, I'd rather be close like we are now, than suffer through four years of 25 win seasons to eventually get back to where we are now. The draft is always a gamble. If we do give up Scola and Martin, like so many want to here for a rental, then what are we really left with? Probably would have a fire sale with everyone who doesn't have a rookie contract. Can't imagine sitting through many years of not even being close. Sounds good until it actually happens. Agreed, things often need to shaken up and the Cavs reference was an over exageration.

2. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

How are we close though? We need a star player and a big in the paint. You have to give to get. I believe while they ARE expendable. We do not plan on giving them up in a trade. (Scola and Martin)

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The lottery is the lottery. The only smart way to play the lottery is to increase your chances of winning it by buying more tickets......err.....by owning more draft picks in any one single draft. You can only accomplish this by trades. Simply tanking and going to the lottery with your one little ticket is the highest odds of continuing to be in the lottery for season after season.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

We are not close. We are about as close to the playoffs as you and I are to the Sun. So that tells you the chance we have if we should by some miracle make the playoffs. At bext we are as good as last year. At best.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I WANT MELO.

NOW!!

I want Melo.

I want Melo.

How do we get Melo here?

Lowry
    Martin
    Anthony
    Scola
    Camby

Morey, get this done!!

6. tested911

tested911 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

LOL! Thats a great picture.

8. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Please tell me how exactly do you expect to get them both without giving up any assets.

Jeffries, Battier, Brooks, isn't getting them both (even with PICKS).