1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Carmelo and Marcus Camby to Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mario_v, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Rockets_4_life

Do you have a link?

2. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Bat,

The only team that Melo would resign with, and could offer Denver something of good value, is LA. I think a Bynum for Melo trade would be hard to turn down for Denver. But the only other team Melo would sign with 100 % is NY. But you can't argue, that even as crappy as our offer may be (for a rental), it still beats NY's offer of Chandler + 1st round pick + expirings when we can offer Batum (through Blazers), Patt, Yao's insured contract + 1st round pick....just saying....

3. MONON

MONON Member

I've said many times before that I'm against a Melo rental because of the hit our role player depth would take & our biggest need at the 5 isn't addressed. However, Melo & Camby does give us a go-to guy and a solution at the 5. If it could be done for say Brooks, Hill, Bud, JJ & Battier(ouch), our lineup would be Camby, Scola, Melo, Martin & Lowery with Miller, Hayes, Patterson, T-Will & Lee off the bench. I could really live with that.

If we can't convince Melo to resign with us, we basically have the team we have now with a lot more rim protection(which is our biggest problem now). We'd still be a player away from a consistant finals contender, but we'd definately get past the 1st round.

4. Garner

Garner Member

you guys are crazy if you think the Rockets bring over Melo + Camby without having to hand over either Martin or Scola

5. Rockets_4_life

Both are expiring contracts, we'd be complete idiots, if we offer anything significant..

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I believe Camby has one more year on his contract. Too lazy to go check, however.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Judging by the lack of conversation anywhere on the net but on this board, I'm going to guess there is little to no legs to this. Broussard floated a possibility and that's about it. No one besides the 15 or so people in this thread is giving it any more thought - especially not Melo or Camby.

8. RocketEG6

RocketEG6 Member

"I'd take a real hard look at signing extension with DEN if not dealt by trade deadline". (Carmelo Anthony today)

Money >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NYK :grin:

1 person likes this.
  9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I'm 100% sure I've seen it reported (I think by Y!), but a quick search for a link failed, sorry.

That said, we've heard many times over that everyone is available for the Rockets, so perhaps they're willing to change that stance?

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

LOL! :grin:

11. albuster

albuster Member

Indeed. It was the same for Melo and Camby who played together in Denver. That duo did not get anywhere so I doubt they would make any significant contribution towards any Rockets championship, unless, the Rockets keep their core together and add the Denver duo. Still, I seriously doubt that the Rockets are championship contenders with the addition of the aforementioned duo.

12. brosef

brosef Member

denver didnt have any where near as "good" a team then as they do now.

13. albuster

albuster Member

Like how? They are about the same team then as they are now. The main pieces then were Melo and Camby, now it is Melo and an aging Billups. There is no significant difference between then and now. If at all, they are much weaker at the center position now than when Camby was there.
    Still, what can they do for the Rockets now that they could not have done when both of them were much younger while playing for the Nuggets.

14. Garner

Garner Member

Thats what I'm hearing.

15. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

If Morey can get rid of some our expendables and get short-term lease guys that we can later trade/sign-trade/ etc., I'm for it.

I'd like to keep Scola/Martin/Hayes/TWill.

16. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

camby has a decent mid range jumper

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

LOWRY

MARTIN

ANTHONY

SCOLA

CAMBY

CHAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

18. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

I would give morey keys to the city if he didnt trade lowry, martin, or scola fo melo or camby

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

its just the foreplay right now :p

20. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

No question my boy Melo reads this board. Don't worry. He'll be down with it.