1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Carmelo and Marcus Camby to Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mario_v, Feb 9, 2011.

1. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Even if that includes Melo?

2. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Forgot to add something about this lineup:

Starting lineup is quite nice: 3 offensive players in Scola/Martin/Melo. 2 players who will not need to do much on offensive side. Lowry defends and passes. Camby defends and rebound.

Bench looks really good defensively: Ish/Lee/Williams/Pat/Hayes. Offense? I don't know. Patterson and Lee are good shooters and can give consistent offense, but so far they have been inconsistent. Hayes might be most consistent scorer of all those :)

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is no need for a Melo rental period.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

why not? You do know that our biggest problems are Defense at the rim and rebounding right?

What will we miss from Brooks that we don't already get from Martin?

6. HeyDude

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

As long as we keep martin!

8. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

it would be even better if we had a 3 team trade with the nuggets and kings that gave us cousins and melo! :D

9. brosef

brosef Member

why not? they all suck

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...I'm normally the first one to back the "posturing" theories but if the aim is to apply pressure to the Knicks to get a trade done, wouldn't that posturing include Melo sources saying he would consider signing in Houston? Part of the Knicks reluctance to give up assets(and frankly they don't have a lot to offer if they wanted to anyway) is because they know they won't have competition for him if he enters the FA market because he already stated NY is his preferred team.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Melo's going to New York. Why would he want to stay in Houston. WHY? Give me one damn reason. Maybe if Yao would have been healthly, maybe.

So the Rockets would be DUMB to trade for him, cause it is pretty sure he wouldn't resign.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Lowry, Martin, Hayes... keep em... urrbody else.. peace out... bring in melo and camby, try to make a run at this thing... at least it'll be fun.

13. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Shamsports is usually more accurate and gives you a more detailed look at contracts.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/blazers.jsp

[rquoter]Marcus Camby: [...] Signed a two year extension in April 2010 for the maximum possible value using the exact same terms as the previous contract. The incentives that Camby has are way too long and complicated for this box, so all you need to really know is that he has $8,453,250 in base compensation in 2010-11 (meaning the money he gets regardless of the status of any incentives), and $9,256,500 base compensation in 2011/12, for a total of $17,709,750 guaranteed money. A total of $7,899,938 is available in potential incentives, of which $3,472,500 is currently listed as likely.[/rquoter]

So the difference, as you can see, is that Shamsports has Camby's likely incentives already included.

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Maybe Camby and Melo are best bros from their time together in Denver.

15. saleem

Not if he is a rental. It's gonna cost us a lot for renting him,and we may not be able to re-sign him. I would like to make a comment. I'm sure that Luis is on the way out in a package for a center. If we can get Nene in exchange,it's ok with me. Hope to keep Chuck with us.

16. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

We aint even getting what martin brings from brooks

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm pretty sure that's his point...

18. HeyDude

I think Melo's looking to pair up with another stud. The key would be convincing him we could land ourselves a CP3, or D. Howard. As history tells us, superstars attract superstars. Keep Melo away from NY, get him here. Explain to him the gameplan just like P. Riley did with LJ, Bosh, and Wade. But step 1: Get that damn superstar any way you can ! Nothing else matters, not even the supposed assets that we may lose, cause they're not assets unless they actually bring us something back.

19. saleem

You're right, but Camby can only push us up a bit. Brooks is certainly looking like Mike James 2,but he can still turn things around.(Probably on another team though).

20. Greg M

Greg M Member

Call me crazy, but isn't it iffy that the Rockets would be able to get anything for Melo in a sign and trade since there's really only 1 or 2 places he wants to play?? If James and Bosh gave up that much cash, why wouldn't Melo with his increased endorsements??