1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brother[Mechanical Engineer] got laid off. Anybody hiring?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Nov 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Mechanical Engineer with 8 to 10 years experience. Has worked for 2 firms involved in making devices for seismic exploration of oil and gas. Most recently Wireless Seismic. I'm sure some of you work in similar industries or are head hunters. Please message me or email me through the board if you know of any openings. Thanks.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Tell him to hit up Christopher Ross at RJ Ross recruiting, Bodie Nowak at Parkwood International or Matt Clay or Britian Wiese at the Bradsby Group. Just referencing some experienced O&G recruiters who weren't stylists at Sport Clips two weeks earlier, unlike the baboons at Swift Worldwide or K-Force.

NiSource/Columbia Pipeline Group is splitting their utilities and LDCs from their gas lines and are trying to hire some business development people. On a pipeline this would entail pricing and pitching gas transport services to a producer or end user with new facilities connecting them to the pipeline, so all kinds of project costing skills needed to help with CIAC.

Kinder Morgan is completing a Transmix facility out in Galena Park, in taking liquids/NGL from a line out in Eagleford and refining into HV Naptha, LV Naptha, Y-Grade et al on behalf of BP for sale downstream. The superintendent out there, Derrick, might be promoted to oversee multiple similar projects over the next few years and might looking for someone to replace him at that plant, at this point though you might have to stick it out as a document controller or plant admin at $35k - $55k or so. It's greenfield, he's got a staff of operators out there who are helping draft procedures right now so he might welcome the engineering help in that regard. Overall they're going head-to-head with ETC and Enterprise trying to become the Standard Oil of pipeline transmission and transport lines; one of those guys will buy Targa and probably try to add some new jobs there.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

How does one get laid off? Kind of scares me honestly since this is my first job.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How long has he been put for?

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The question is how do you mitigate the impact, as the process is random and kept under wraps.