1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks will miss 4 to 6 weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 8, 2010.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7284164.html

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

sorry if posted already.

But yea can Lowry/Smith hold down the fort until he's gone? Thats the big question

3. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

oops until he comes back***

4. Htown's2kFinest

Gonna miss his shooting but we have plenty of scorers. K-mart shooting will do for now. 49FG%/43% with a TS% at 65.4 lol! Time for Lowry and Ish Smith to shine.

5. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Like I said DD, 6 weeks!!!!!

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

"Luckily, nothing is broken. It's a sprain. I'll be back to normal & will still try my hardest to get a big contract this offseason"

:cool:

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats absolutely terrible news for AB. Sure enjoyed having him as a Rocket. Having Lowry and Ish will help facilitate a trade.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wow, that's a mighty long bridge you're building.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Haha. My thoughts too.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Agenda posters

11. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Man, being a fan of this team can be tough

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I wish AB the best, and I hope he finds a way to come back sooner than expected. This Rocket's team is going to miss him.

That being said, this could be also be a blessing in disguise. With AB out, that will give Kyle Lowry a chance to show what he can do as the starter. This could be Kyle's opportunity to take over the starting job permanently. And don't think that he does not know that.

I like Ish as much as the next guy, but making him the starting PG for the Rockets after one solid outing against the Minnesota Timberwolves is a bit of a reach. However, AB being out for 4-6 weeks will give Ish the opportunity to continue to get significant minutes and to continue to work on his game in the backup roll. This time could really help the youngster to solidify his spot on the roster for a long time to come.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Blasphemous! The curse of DD shall be upon thee! :grin:

14. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I can't see Lowry as a starter.

He can pass and play up tempo with the second unit fine, but boy has only two moves to get points (fast break lay up and drawing a foul) and has been injured in one way or another since the March of 2010. This is a blessing for Smith, but I think we will see difficulties if Martin, Scola or Yao don't keep scoring in double digits.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Damn, I hate to agree, but you're right...Lowry is good in situations...

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Get well soon Aaron.

DD

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What, too soon?

18. thesaint

thesaint Member

Brooks has been trying too hard to get points and has been a horrible playmaker. Ball movement sucks when hes at PG. Also he dribbles way too much at times making it harder for others to take forced shots. From what i have seen so far from Ish, hes not the greatest play maker but he hes good of finding open shooters or pass to assist for other players. I think this is good for Brooks to rest out and understand whats asked of him by watching Ish n Lowry. Dont have to be a scoring leader but get others involved and good ball movement, which is Adelmans offense. I personally dont think Brooks is fit for Adelmans system but time will tell as this team needs to find chemistry to play together and it looked like they kinda did yesterday. Also the Wolves dont have the offense like other good teams do and still managed 94 points. Rockets still need to improve their defense if they want to make the playoffs.

19. davidghall

davidghall Member

In response to the thread title...

THANK SWEET CHRIST!!! I'm never one to have knee-jerk reactions, but he has been killing the offense with turnovers, bad shots, and his inability to get his teammates good shots and/or set up the offense.

20. acjeitherocket

we shall see what happens....