1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks to start ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sushimaster, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How many quotes do we here. . we don'tfocus on that . .we don't concentrate on that. . blah blah blah

Rocket River

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

dangnabit! I have watched too many Knicks games last year to know what Francis brings to the table. He needs to kick it into high gear and bring some of that fire and swagger back he had last year in NY. Man I hope that 30 million dollar buy out didn't ruin him forever. Get some pride back Steve! Sheesh!

3. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

you know what equate's to fast break points more then anything....explosiveness ie athleticism.

rafer alston, not athletic. Brooks is.

Tmac, looks like he lost a step but he gets the job done.

Battier, not explosive at all, he is a train wreck in a fast break scenario....that is unless he is pulling a 3 in which I hold my breath.

Chuck Hayes, sure but the explosiveness isn't there.

Yao ughh no.

If you want more fast break points, put in guys who a) are explosive and b) (if a is not available) guys that can finish.

Brooks=explosive
    Bonzi=um better then Battier
    Tmac sure
    Scola's got fundamentals I trust him.

The point is you need quickness and explosiveness combined with the ability to finish, something Alston and Battier do not have.
    So that's 2 of your front court 3, so you want Yao sprinting down the floor cutting and exploding? no.
    Hayes? ehhhhh

That's why you don't have fast break points, you don't have the personal for it.

A good PG changes everything.

4. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Rafer can run the fast break (And1 play only fast break offense) but the started are not a fast break unit.
    I expect the bench to be running fast break while the started keep going half court. Rafer starting, AB0 as a back up, going up and down the court with a unit like Bonzi, Scola ans why not Snider he is a low IQ player but can run and finish strong.
    T-mac got the speed and the size but he refuse to run is like he reserve energy to play long minutes every night and don't want to waste energy running early in the game. I see Yao get more fast break point in a game than T-Mac and thats not good, battier don't even run he don't know how to finish and Hayesis nota fast break forward.
    Simple Fast break with the reserve and when going small then play half court when the game in on the line and you need to make sure you get the best of each possession and run the offense to your big guns Yao and T-mac. and that will be good remember in the playoff is all about half court.

5. johnrox

johnrox Member

hey, i agree, just saying about the situation rockets are in, probably will see mor brooks very soon

6. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Ariticle doesn't say AB is starting, but it'd be great if he did. I'd like to see him a first guard off the bench, see what the kid's got... He had three or four guys ahead of him in the rotation, and now he's getting his chance... Could be history in the making, people. :D