1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Brooks the man!!] Making an Impression

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by playlife, Aug 22, 2007.

1. playlife

playlife Member

linklinklinklink

2. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

3. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

I really hope he can take MJ and Stevie's minutes towards the end of the regular season. Obviously there will be a learning curve but he is the real deal. I think he will match up with Parker, Harris, and Nash better than anyone else on our roster.

4. AkeemTheDreem86

However much of a cynical ******* V-Span has left me to be, I just can't help getting excited about this guy. The hype is flooding faster than Braes Bayou.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D

i know what you mean. I'm excited...but we'll see ;)

6. playlife

playlife Member

I just hope he can defend a little. I think Deron is just waiting to post him up in the NBA.

7. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

If he tries to post up Brooks that's when Scola comes over and elbows Deron in the face if Deke isn't back with the team. Gotta love it! :D

8. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

all these guys saying he is fearless. that points to a good leadership quality... hopefully brooks is the rockets PG and leader for a long time.

9. Fuzzy Zoeller

Fuzzy Zoeller Member

AnotherBrother had 14 points? :confused:

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yeah there is no way brooks can defend bigger PGs in the post. he needs to go on a diet of fish, peanut butter, and steroids to be able to do that.

11. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

he's dynamic like that

12. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

nice to read..

cant wait to see him in action = )

13. playlife

playlife Member

How does CP3 defend the bigger PG? He's not much taller than Brooks.

14. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Thats my dawg. Thats my dawg. Thats my dawg.!!!!

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i'm just talking about the post. he should be able to stay in front of them just fine, but he does need to bulk up some.

16. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

That was why chris paul would always light us up last year, we had no one who could stay in front of him. I think brooks could actually cancel him out. and if he's gonna post us up, we can put one of the strongest guards in the nba on him (francis). Another thing that helps you defend is making your counterpart play defense. Parker, Nash, Terry, and Paul all suck at defending and if they are forced to guard a speed machine i think it will frustrate them. I dont think that pg penetration is gonna get to us this year francis mj and brooks have tools to neutralize guards.

17. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

What can I say.. we are stacked like the Phoenix Sun. Weaknesses? What weaknesses? Novak and JLIII? We are going to make some noise next year.

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Chris Paul doesn't play much defense. The best game I saw Rafer play live was with Chris Paul "guarding" him.

Edit: http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/HOU20070414.html

Rafer and Luther combined for 36 points on 23 shots and 18 assists against mostly Paul.

#18 weslinder, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  19. managerrobert

managerrobert Rookie

im probably the only one that thinks signing francis is a mistake. A leopard cant change its stripes. I think AB is a better all around pg than Francis. ANd I think James is a better shooter. Rafer will probably be gone. Francis has no place on this team.(unless he plays sg, which means battier wont have minutes.)

20. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

posted this in another thread but here it goes again...

I actually was in Vegas this weekend but didnt get to catch any of the ball games. I was staying at the Wynn Hotel and apparently all the guys from Team USA are staying there too. I ran into Deron Williams at the roulette table and spoke to him for a couple of minutes and also got to see Kobe and his wife walk by the blackjack table I was playing at. The same night we went to the club inside the Wynn hotel called 'tryst' and saw Michael Redd, Chauncey Billups, and Drew Gooden. They all seemed to get inside the club with ease (at least an hour 1/2 wait if you dont have a hookup) but when Kevin Durant walked up to the line with 3 of his boys it seemed like he was given the no no and walked away after taking a picture with some guys in line. Once I got inside the place it was packed and walked across the dance floor. There were 2 VIP tables set up right on the dance floor, thats where I saw Lebron and our very own AARON BROOKS dancing on top of the table next to each other. Seemed to be having a great time huggin and laughin on each other...there were no other players in the area but them two on top of the table just dancing like they been friends for years (who knows, they just might be). I got back sunday night, but if anyone wants to go watch some of these games in Vegas next week you definitely will have a damn good time, these guys are gambling and partying everywhere around the Wynn hotel after they get out of practices. Really cool experience.