1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks current status and his future in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Aug 28, 2010.

1. anchel

anchel Member

I'm intrigued with what's gonna happen with him this season. He ends contract. The franchise has shown strong commitment with Lowry this summer. This does not mean you cannot bet for Brooks too at the same time, but wouldn't be too much money invested for a single position? I have also theorized that the value of Brooks, having recently been named MIP, will peak in the middle of this season if as appears likely, Houston does a good year with Brooks running the team, improving %s and efficiency. -In this way, I would like to remember the Carl Landry trade.- Besides, I have always had the feeling that he's not one of the Morey's (& staff) favourites, based on his defensive level, his efficiency, and how they love a PG with opposite characteristics (Kyle).

All things considered, will Morey try to move him before he leaves for free in the summer? As for the other teams, would them be willing to give something for him considering he's gonna be FA, and he's gonna ask for a lot of money? What will be his value on a trade in the middle of the season?

Would Morey be willing to resign him, for a good amount of money, even having Lowry for that position? What amount are me talking about? What's the limit?

2. G-Money

G-Money Member

I wouldn't pay more than 10 millon per for him.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Too early for this thread, all of your answers will depend on how this season goes.

4. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

but didnt morey trade ariza because he got into a tissle with AB?

5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I mean if they morey and the staff didn't like him they wouldn't ove traded rafer so Aaron could start or Lowry would be starting if they had that concern

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think all your observations are correct and he will do well and will be traded in some way for Chris Paul before the end of the season.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

No. Not even close.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No, he will not be traded. He is arguably the teams best player

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think if they don't do a deal and extend him, they will trade him. I also think he will end up next to evans in sacramento if the rockets hold onto him through the season unless the rockets want to pay 9m plus for brooks.

10. joesr

joesr Member

are you serious??

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

why are you guys acting like this is coming out of the blue? That was a rumor the whole time

12. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

Is he restricted or unrestricted fa after the season??

13. G-Money

G-Money Member

I believe he is restriced.

14. G-Money

G-Money Member

fixed

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

it was a small issue that the theorists are going to look at as a reason. Trevor wasn't traded because of any issues with Brooks. Strictly puzzle piece and looking long term.

They just liked Lee a lot and with emergence of Budinger and Martin, Ariza's minutes would be less this season.

To be able to save $10 million this season and to be able to get a player on Morey's "List" for him just made the deal perfect for Daryl.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If Brooks gets a contract at around $9-$10 million, not far fetched at this point, then we have a problem. $16 million or so tied up at one position. Ouch! I'm glad I don't have Morey's job. Those are very, very tough decisions.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

But still less than the $20 or so million tied up at Center, or the current $20 millionish at the SF position.

They might be comfortable in that range with Brooks and Lowry....or they might trade one...

If we are using Landry as an example, they traded the talented backup....so, uh....Kyle would be the guy I would expect to go.

DD

18. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

Restricted = morey will wait it out with the new cba and we will probably get him for a steal... Brooks' personality probably won't lead to a trade or extension demand either. We are in the driver's seat... No worries

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's when you add everything up that things get dicey. I think we can assume that a chunk of that "$20 million or so" tied up at the 3 spot will likely go to someone Morey will acquire. A saving grace for the Rocks might be the "threat" of the new CBA. Teams who might be willing to shell out a lot for AB could become shy when they don't know just what that'll entail. We can hope, anyway. Like I said, I'm glad I don't have to make those decisions.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

and if we use rafer as an example?