1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks chucks a shoe into the crowd

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by n_naik1, Apr 6, 2011.

1. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

2. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

dude is just way too emotional.

4. alethios

alethios Member

Brooks who?

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

He threw it because he didn't have time to put it back on since play was still going on.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

reminds me of:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vu1zMV5j0fo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and btw: WRONG FORUM!

7. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

I think it looks like he's gonna wear out his welcome in Phoenix also. But I hope he doesn't spiral into oblivion like Stevie Franchise did... kid's got a lot of talent.

But then again, he is more of an Iverson-like player, and we all know what happened to AI once the NBA changed.

I'm hoping for the best for AB, I hate seeing people have to deal with this type of stuff.

8. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

Whoops, sorry, I didn't know it was the wrong forum... I don't usually create topics that often, you see. Which forum should it be in? My bad

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

maybe he should opt for a non-shoe wearing sport instead....like ballet or maybe sumo-wrestlin :confused:

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Iverson just got old.

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

It should be in the NBA Dish, if you want to know.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's so pissed off all the time now, seemed to be frustrated at anything and everything.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You're reaching...players do it all the time. I'd have a bigger issue with him not throwing it more quickly and getting on with the play.

14. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

OK. I thought about that when I was creating this thread, but I decided to put it in here because of the "Tracy Murray" excerpt in the GARM entrance. And I also figured it would belong in here considering Brooks played a huge role on our team just a year ago.

But if it's really in the wrong thread, could someone please move it. If not, then no worries. I might need a lesson in "Clutchfans Etiquette". :)

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Seems like he was trying to get back into the play instead of having the team go 4 on 5. It was either that or carry the shoe in one hand and try to play.

16. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

i fear marital problems? i dk why..speculation.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

surely this is sarcasm right? DId you not see him try to put it on and just chunk it because he was left behind on the play?

You can't hang on to your shoe and play at the same time, + if you can't slip it on on the first attempt like he tried you can't sit down put it on and tie your shoe laces.

I've seen this on more than one occasion, and it didn't look like he threw it angrily, he just moved it off the court so it wouldn't be an obstruction.

Now on a side note, he does need to do some thinking in the off season, but none of that has to do with this silly thread.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

+10
    beat me to the punch.

19. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

That may be so, but my opinion is that he primarily declined because of his changed role after he got traded to Detroit. If I remember correctly, they wanted him to facilitate a lot more, something that went completely against what he'd been doing his whole career.

20. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

To all you guys saying he was "trying to get back into the play." I respectfully disagree.

Look at the play that caused his shoe to fall off. He fell down with a lot of contact, which tells me that he was frustrated there was no call.

While he was putting his shoe on, he was doing it very slowly, which to me might mean he kind of gave up on the play out of sheer frustration.

Also, even after he threw his shoe away, he was just jogging up the court instead of sprinting. Not typical behavior from someone who's "trying to get back into the play."

Anyone else wanna completely pick apart Brooks' brain to see what he was thinking? :rolleyes: lol