1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks 11 points in 27 seconds?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JOHNNYN, Apr 22, 2009.

1. jae713

jae713 Member

Blake can't guard him, Brooks should attack him at every possible moment.

2. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

what about the 2 turnovers in the last few min.

AB is MVP

3. aws311

aws311 Member

does rocket need another TMac who score great himself and bring us loss?
    no matter who scores or how high the score is, win is everything to a team.
    or NBA is purely business, so rocket can budle TMac and TMac junior for more $$$?

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Would TMac (if he was playing) or TMac Jr be responsible for Roy and Aldridge lighting us up?

Would Lowry be able to stop Roy and Aldridge?

Brooks made some costly mistakes but it's hard to blame the entire game on one player or a couple of plays when there were several other obvious reasons we lost.

Again, I'm not saying that Brooks should be starting or that he didn't make some dumb plays, but let's not pick one scapegoat when there were really several.

5. absent2007

absent2007 Member

So what? Do we win the game?

Does him out score Roy?

He need to think how to make his teammates rolling, not simply shooting..he's still start PG, does he?

6. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

wow he's the new mini-mac! :rolleyes: that was impressive but I would still rather see Lowry start over Brooks. Lowry is way more consistent and the only thing Brooks has over him is his 3pt shot and maybe his speed. Lowry is working on his 3pt shot and when he starts shooting it at a good % then he'll be the WAY better option for us at PG than Brooks.

7. jedicro

jedicro Member

I just looked. Fernandez's foot catches his calf and that causes him to trip. Both replays showed it perfectly. We got screwed. Throw in the fact that all the calls down the stretch went to the Blazers when replays clearly showed they should have been for us (LA hitting it out of bounds, Roy flopping on the Battier face guard, Roy getting free throws off the clean Battier block) then we should have won the game.

Geez if we only hit our free throws...

8. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Retire his jersey!

9. doggfrenzy2

doggfrenzy2 Member

He missed the most critical 3 in the crunch time and made two critical turnovers after that. We had the chance, but as usual, we choked.

10. BrooksBall

What about Von's missed 3 right after Brooks' 3 and the offensive board? Was that less critical or did you just conveniently leave that out? Not that either of them are worthy of criticism. Nobody makes every shot they take every game.

What about the gazillion points Roy and Aldridge put on our wing players and power forwards?

Yes, Brooks made some boneheaded plays.

Yes, Lowry is a better PG than him.

No, this loss was not solely on Brooks.

11. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Are you talking about Von????!!!! It would be a ugly game and pathetic loss without Von !!!! AB is a joke!

12. BrooksBall

Von was awesome.

I was pointing out how ridiculous it was to only blame AB for missing a 3 when we got an offensive rebound and Von missed an equally wide open 3 from the other side of the court a few seconds later.

Neither of them should be blamed for missing those particular shots.

It's also ridiculous that you are pointing your finger at one player when there were multiple reasons we lost the game.

If AB is a joke, what would you say about the defense on Roy and Aldridge? Or was that Brooks' fault, too?

13. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Best reply in this thread

14. ibm

ibm Member

ab's strength is his speed and shooting. he's never and will never be a good play maker, from what i've seen; therefore he's better served playing as a reserve. but obviously adelman, an 18-year nba veteran coach, has different ideas. so i'd better keep my mouth shut.

15. absent2007

absent2007 Member

He is not even trying to beat the front defense, or dive into the paint and feed the yao for easy lay out...he drives in but look for his shot, make me feel so sick...He's not Roy, and he is not Tman yet

So even 20 point in 27 seconds still just deserve a WoW, that's it...

We still need play a teamball, and only winning counts...

Give Yao the ****ing ball, that the only thing I would tell AB...

Do you notice how many time he's recknessly turn it over, and Yao just give him the firm hand and drag him up, Yao is a team player, but he's not, he need to become one, he need to pass the damn ball instead of shooting...

16. absent2007

absent2007 Member

Adelman game plan is to let Ron/AB to shoot the hell out of Blazers, but failed...He forget he has a all star stick in the middle...and 3 big ass blazers are in foul trouble...make me utterly sick

17. CFMars

CFMars Member

RA's game plan was to let Yao draw the double team, and AB and Scola picknroll on the weak side. The idea was good, but the sad thing was Scola missed a couple of wide open shots and a couple of fts, and AB showed his inexperience and poor execution when the game was tied at 90.

Yes indeed, Aaron scored 11pts in 27s, but who cares? Kevin Durant is also capable of doing that and his team has gone fishing. What we need is OFFENSIVE EXECUTION!

18. CFMars

CFMars Member

p.s. no offense to KDurant :)

19. BrooksBall

What makes me utterly sick is that a basketball genius like you isn't sitting next to Rick during the games!

I have no doubt that you would do a better job than him. Screw his 40 years of experience as a player and coach on the biggest stage in the world!

You just see things so clearly. All of Rick's weaknesses are your strengths. And of course Rick's strengths are also your strengths.

absent2007, I ask you one thing:

Please save this franchise. You are the answer. If only Rick had half your basketball intelligence, we would have been 84-0 so far this season. I dream of the day you are the leader. You will have 1 play in your playbook because we only need 1 play: Pass ball to big stick, Yao!... and you will name that 1 play, Pass ball to big stick, Yao!...

1 person likes this.
  20. jedicro

jedicro Member

Post of the night. Contender for post of teh week.