1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broncos vs Colts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

this is ****ing embarrassing

time to do something else

2. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

wow manning is making it seem so easy :)

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Don't count them out. Remember Buffalo/Houston.

5. Nick

Nick Member

Wow... Peyton Manning is awesome.

Everybody talks about how he has great players to throw to, but sometimes he just makes guys look that good.

Brandon Stokely? Troy Walters? Reggie Wayne?... I doubt these guys put up the stats if they have anybody else throwing them the ball.

Marvin Harrison is top notch, but its Mannings ability to get these other guys to excel that makes him the MVP.

Hist stats now... 12-13, 278 yards, 4 TD's... and its not halftime yet.

Amazing.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

That's (probably) the end of that.

I forget - barring a miracle comeback - who would the Colts face? Pats or Chiefs? I think Pats/Colts would be a better game, but IIRC they'd go to KC.

7. Nick

Nick Member

You're right.

Next week: Colts vs. KC (a shootout)
    Titans vs. NE (final score will be 2-0)

Of course, barring an unbelivable comeback. But remember... Denver is the ROAD team. Buffalo was the HOME team... there is a big difference.

8. Manny Ramirez

I mean I have witnessed some ****ty performances before in the past by my Broncs like in the Super Bowls against the Giants, Redskins, and 49ers, but this is the worst one of them all.

It is not like they haven't played this team and beat them before. It is hard for me to fathom how they can play this poorly against a team they dominated 2 weeks ago.

9. JPM0016

JPM0016 Member

This is a pretty pathetic showing by the Broncos. It kinda reminds me of the playoff game a few years ago between Miami and Jacksonville. The jaguars dominated miami from the kickoff and ended up killing them.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

31-3 Colts lead at the half. Wasn't that the halftime score of that infamous Oilers/Buffalo playoff game? :(

11. JPM0016

JPM0016 Member

35-3

12. Nick

Nick Member

Actually, halftime score was 28-3.

Buffalo got the ball after halftime, and the Oilers picked off the first pass and returned it for a TD to make it 35-3.

That's what makes that loss even more amazing... it wasn't like halftime ruined our momentum. We got it going right away in the third quarter, and that 'should' have demoralized Buffalo.

<sigh>

Anyways, as I said before, Buffalo was the home team... Denver is not. That spells disaster for a potential comeback.

13. Manny Ramirez

Exactly, the RCA Dome is so freaking loud. It was imperative that the Broncos get off to a good start like they did 2 weeks ago and take that loud crowd out of it. But, *sigh*, it didn't happen - as a matter of fact, I am still waiting for them to show up today.:(

14. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

Obviously jumping in this thread late, but I did pick the Colts in the NFL thread.

You should not overrate a previous game between the two teams (Carolina-Dallas, this one). Teams have their ups and downs and don't hold up their intensity and effort--especially relative to a playoff game.

Except for the 1 Colts-Broncs games the Colts have been one of the top 3 overall teams in the league (NE and Tenn are the others--the Chiefs have no defense and the NFC's elite are just not as good). If both teams bring their A game, it should not be a surprise the Colts are ahead, although I didn't figure Colts would bring their A+ game and the Broncos their C- game. I really think it is more a matter of the Colts playing as well as they can than the Broncos playing terrible--the Colts ripped a lot faster, better, defenses (e.g., Titans, Bucs) this year than Broncos when Indy had their A game.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

I think Manny should change his name to Manning.

5 TD passes and no interceptions :eek:

16. mrdave543

mrdave543 Member

damn indy looks good....should be some good games next week, titans vs pats on Saturday, KC vs indy on sunday.........go titans

17. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

:D

18. drapg

drapg Member

Seriously. Time to call of the dogs.

Damn, I was SO wrong about this game.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Sad that every time a team gets up by 3 or 4 TD's in the playoffs, that's the game that everyone thinks of.

Thank you, Jackass Pardee. :mad:

20. Manny Ramirez

Why in the hell would I want to change my name to Manning?

So, he had one great game against my team. Congratulations to him and his team. It took him long enough to win a playoff game, didn't it, Roc Paint?

Oh and Desert Scar,

I agree with you on most everything except that the Broncos didn't bring their C- game but more like their D- game (I am not going to give them an F because they did move the ball okay).

And this leads me to wonder about how long does Pat Bowlen give Mike Shanahan his leash on life in Denver. The fact that the Broncos were so piss poor in this game is a reflection of him. This is the playoffs; you have to have your teams ready to play and the man didn't get the job done today.

Yea, he won 2 Super Bowls but you can argue that was more because of John Elway and Terrell Davis, then his great "coaching". Since Elway has left, they have only made the playoffs twice and both times they were embarrassed (although today's game was the worst of the two).

It is highly disappointing to see it end this way, but realistically, injuries to Plummer and Portis really hurt the team. If we could have won 12 or 13 games, we would have had a better chance at doing something in the playoffs.

Good luck to the Colts - I hope they beat the crap out of KC. I am now rooting for the AFC as long as it is not those punk ass Chefs.