1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broncos vs Colts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Okay, I know that the game is tomorrow, but I wanted to start a thread now so we can get predictions, insights, etc.

Being a Broncos fan, I am feeling pretty confident about this game. If the Colts couldn't stop Quentin, then how do they think they can stop Clinton Portis??

I am worried that Peyton Manning is 0-3 in playoff games as I feel he is due to get off the schneide, but just don't let it be tomorrow.:D

But if my Broncs can win this one, I think they have a great chance at upsetting New England and then going on to the Super Bowl.

My prediction:

Denver 30, Indianapolis 27

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When are all these NFL threads going to stop? I'm getting sick of seeing these flood up the hangout.

;)

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

hope the broncos do well for ya manny. I know they've been dissappointing for a while now. Not quite the ineptitude that has been the boys, but dissappointing nonetheless.

I also kinda like the choker label Manning has. It would be a shame for him to ruin it.

4. drapg

drapg Member

I wholeheartedly believe the Broncos can "upset" the Colts. All they need to do is get the game tape of the Texans defense limiting Marvin Harrison (while erasing the strategy used against Edgerrin James).

Seriously, I think the Broncos are a true darkhorse candidate for the AFC crown, even able to upset my Titans.

Denver 27
    Indy 19

5. JPM0016

JPM0016 Member

This game is a toss up. I think it'll come down to which ever team has the last possession. Should be a great offensive game to watch.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Go Broncos !!

I want the Titans in Kansas City next weekend.

DD

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

I was born in Valparaiso, Ind. So take a wild guess as to who I'd like to win. Besides didn't Elway and the Broncos break our hearts before? Nuff said.

Go Indiana!! :)

8. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I like the Colts in this one.(sorry Manny) Two pretty good teams but one has Manning at QB and one has....Jake Plummer. In the end Jake the Fake will throw a pick, miss a man deep, or fumble Denver right out of the playoffs.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I've gotta give te edge to the Colts in this one. Dungy won't let his defense get thrashed again by the running game. I expect big numbers from Peyton in this one.

Colts: 27
    Broncos: 17

10. coma

coma Member

Colts D need to man up and stop Portis. I see a Colts victory today.

Colts 35
    Broncos 27

11. PhiSlammaJamma

This is tough. I think the Colts are the better team. But Denver just manhandled them last time. I think the Colts are due. They've been tested this year and came out on top. Colts 28 Broncos 17.

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Member

anyone just hear Matt Hassellback at the coin toss for OT in Green Bay, he calls heads and it comes up heads and the umpire asks what they want to do and then he says (over the Lambeu PA) "we want the ball, we're gonna score!!"

funny stuff, he was fully laughing and smiling during the whole thing, but damn he is having a good day and having a good time.

13. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

haha yeah, that was funny :D
    he's cute

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

LMFAO

The Broncos secondary forgot they weren't in College.

15. Manny Ramirez

Well, that was absolutely f*cking pitiful. Harrison catches that pass and all the broncos have their fingers up their asses and he runs for a touchdown.:mad:

Well, our stay in the playoffs was pretty short, wasn't it?

16. Two Sandwiches

That was such a great play. I liked how Harrison just layed there for a second acting like he was down. Nice acting job Marvin!:)

17. Manny Ramirez

Damn, what the hell are the Broncos doing?? No pressure whatsoever on Manning. I think the Broncs beating the Colts like they did 2 weeks ago was the worst thing that they could have done.:(

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Peyton Manning 11-12 191 Yards 3 TD 0 INT

That is MVP status.

19. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Member

thought the broncos were going to control the clock with there dominating running game

20. Manny Ramirez

well, when your pass rush is nonexistant, you have to throw the ball some.

Also doesn't help that Dan Neil has singlehandedly cost the Broncos a touchdown with his stupid ass penalties.:mad:

This game is over - sad that the Broncos couldn't have put together a better effort. I think my high school team could do that.:(