1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broncos release McGahee

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 13, 2013.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9379931/denver-broncos-release-rb-willis-mcgahee

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Anyone else remember when he had 4.2-4.3 speed at the U until his knee got crushed against Ohio State? He was a freak of nature in college.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If there was one 32 yo RB recovering from a knee injury I would consider adding to my team it would be McGahee. I think he still has at least two years left in the tank -- he really seems like a late bloomer still in his prime. He did of course have early success...[Edit]

If wasn't injured last year he would have had two straight 1200 yard seasons averaging nearly 5 yards a carry -- he was just under 1000 total yards last season in 10 games if you total his receptions.

His career is unbelievable considering the knee injury he had in college and the decade old technology they used to rebuild/ replace every ligament in his left knee.

#4 KingCheetah, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dude was a very under appreciated addition to my fantasy team for several weeks. Good luck to him.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This. He doesn't have the wear-and-tear that most 10 year veterans would have since he shared snaps for the majority of his career.

As a Steelers fan, I've always respected him and wouldn't mind seeing him being a late addition to the roster.

7. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

He racked up a surprising amount of 100 yard games last season. Unfortunately he didn't get enough receptions to consider starting in my ppr league.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So... like... Green Bay?

9. famicom

famicom Member

I remember there was a good chance the Texans would've picked him up before the injury, and instead got Andre

10. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Miami seems too perfect.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ahhh, there is a bit more to this story.
    _____

The Colorado Springs-Gazette has it "on good authority" that the Broncos released Willis Mcgahee because he's not healthy.

Per beat writer Paul Klee, McGahee's poor health was "the No. 1 reason" he took reps sparingly at minicamp and was cut loose on Thursday. Asked if McGahee was released because he skipped OTAs, coach John Fox replied "That has nothing to do with it."

McGahee tore his MCL and fractured his leg last season. If he's not 100 percent, he'll have a hard time finding work before training camp.

Source: Colorado Springs Gazette

rotoworld