1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broken Cellphone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MoBalls, Sep 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Guys and gals,
    I need Clutchfans help! Is there a place that I can buy a new or used cellphone that I can transfer my (ATT)sims card to? I broke my cellphones display and need another ASAP. I went to the ATT site and they have some that cost way too much. I dont use this phone much so I dont want to spend a lot. Where is the best place to buy one? Thanks.

2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

A friend of mine is using an AT&T Prepay phone- he just popped his sim in and it worked. Crummy reception but it's a quick fix.

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

seconded. or try a pawn shop or a goodwill electronics store.

4. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I may do this until I find a better one. Thanks to you both.

5. Landlord Landry

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

ebay - but make sure its comes from a reputable ebayer. If you buy a hot phone, they won't activate it.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm doing this with my T-Mobile phone. My other phone suddenly died, like the screen went black. I ordered a pre-paid phone from T-Mobile for 29 bucks, and they shipped it to me within 2 days. I just swapped the sim card out into the pre paid phone.

8. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

You should be able to go to Walmart or Target and buy an ATT GoPhone, then just install your SIM. You can buy a TMobile phone there, but if you want to use it with ATT you have to unlock it.

9. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Btw if you have T-Mobile you can easy unlock your phone by lying to Tmobile lol.
    Tell them you will be going on vacation to Mexico and would like to use a prepaid sim card from Telcel.
    They will send you an e-mail containing instructions on how to unlock your phone and the code within 24 hours.
    I did this to my old Blackberry.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Pawn shop

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

craigslist.org

12. Landlord Landry

nothin better than craigslist.

you could get a new cellphone, an used extension ladder, a handjob, and tickets to the Rockets game, all from the same person.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

AT&T Old Wireless company? Look no further than HillCroft at Westheimer (next to the CVS)... there's a store there that sells EVERY EFFIN' company's phone. You can just switch the SIM card. I think it's called PageCenter...

Mira, pinche... mira:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...bp=1,186.59960839717837,,0,12.731395666571224

:eek: When my old AT&T Wireless (notice, not lower case) phone broke, that's where I went. They had the ones to change the old SIM CARD.