1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Brock's Intro] UFC 121 Lesnar V. Velasquez

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by robbie380, Oct 16, 2010.

1. sew

sew Member

so UFC 120 was on spike for free last night...

[​IMG]

soooooo freakin awesome... (I hate hardy)

2. sew

sew Member

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w6EybIfy1zk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w6EybIfy1zk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Stamina and quickness? Brock has the edge there too.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Brock has good cardio and great for a big man, but it's nowhere near the cardio that Velasquez has. The only way he's going to slow up Cain's cardio is to beat on him senseless from the outset.

What'll be interesting to see is if Cain decides to not be as much of an aggressor as he is in other fights. If he is, he could walk into a bad situation with Lesnar. Of course, I said the same thing about Carwin and Carwin took it to Lesnar before gassing out. Cain usually goes after his opponents relentlessly in fights from what I recall, and this just wears them out - let's see if he's a bit more cautious in this fight.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Brock is just going to be too big for Cain - Lesnar by ground and pound TKO.

6. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

i'm taking cain in this one... 1st round knockout

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Did you see the Carwin fight?

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

still doesnt mean he cant get knocked out. lesnar is one scary dude though, i would not want that guy pissed off at me.

9. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Cain by decision... Going to be a replay of the Edgar Penn fights, where Edgar, in this case, Cain, was too quick for his opponent. He is going to strike and move.

Kampmann is going KO Shields... Kampmann is an underrated fighter with great standup, I think he is going to catch Shields, who has below average standup

I hope Hammil destroys Tito for what Tito said about the deaf mutes...

10. Asian Sensation

You're analysis on fights are usually pretty spot on so I'm a bit baffled at your prediction for this one. I know Cain is quick and has good cardio/stamina but I think Brock is equally quick with cardio/stamina that can match up to Cain as well.

I will be utterly shocked if Cain is able to last 5 rounds against Brock by simply striking and moving. I don't think Cain can strike and move like Edgar did and not get worn out or caught with a KO blow...Edgar was like a little crackhead. I think Lesnar will be able to take Cain down fairly easily and once he's on top it's going to be game over.

11. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

What'd he say?

12. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

I just think Cain's cardio is going to play a huge role in this fight. I know Brock is a freak and has incredible cardio for a man his size, but he is also heavily muscled and he is more likely to gas before the quick, lighter Cain. If Cain can survive the first round, like Brock did in his fight with Carwin, his confidence is going to sky rocket. I also believe that Cain's kick boxing is going to be a large part of the game play. He is going to kick the crap out of Brock's legs and take the power/explosiveness out of Brock's takedowns, just like Jose Aldo did to Faber. Cain is going to point his way to decision by kicking, jabbing, moving, and nullifying Brock's power by using his speed.

he said some stuff about how deafs have a soft head and bad equilibrium, how they were easier to KO, and beat since they couldn't hear/understand their coaches. How they were slow and couldn't react as fast as most.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He said something like that deaf people were born with soft heads so they are easier to KO lol. He apologized but it was typical Tito inserting foot in mouth behavior.

14. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Was pulling for Matt anyway.

....always nice to see Tito get ktfo.

15. Asian Sensation

So did Hamill read Tito's lips or was Tito's trash talking closed captioned? I know they used closed captioning when a fighter speaks in a foreign language but I don't think they would for Tito.

16. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Pretty interesting interview.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ozFsDKxluxM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ozFsDKxluxM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

17. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mWT4ijveWaQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mWT4ijveWaQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I got Cain winning in the 2nd or 3rd via tko stoppage.

http://www.cagepotato.com/cain-vela...pitbull-bites-and-has-conditioning-marathoner

The Sports Science video on him is very interesting. When he plants his feet, he punches with over 2,200 lbs. of force. When he rushes for a takedown he rushes with over 2,700 lbs. of force. Comparable to Dwight Freeney. There will only be a 15-20 lb. weight difference in the fight.

I don't think Cain is going to plant his feet to get the most power out of his punches though because he's going to have to be careful for take downs but I think he'll be able to keep the fight standing and will be able to pick apart Lesnar until Lesnar fatigues then go for a TD and get a stoppage there.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont think lesnar loses for another 4 or 5 fights. which would be i guess about 1 1/2 years to 2 years from now. and if anyone beats him before those 4 or 5 fights it will be carwin. but it wont the brown pride dude thats for sure.

20. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

London always has half-handicap redictions.