1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Brock's Intro] UFC 121 Lesnar V. Velasquez

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by robbie380, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Undertaker

its says 6 ' 10"

"know your role and shut your mouth"

- the rock

2. Asian Sensation

Listen "Jabroni" there's a big difference between actual height and WWE "billed height". Undertaker is probably anywhere from 6'6.5 - 6'8 depending upon his posture. I highly doubt he was ever 6' 10 even at his peak maybe with his wrestling boots on.

3. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Undertaker attended Dobie high school here in Houston and still owns some of the school's weightlifting records.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Saw Undertaker walking with his kids in Galleria a while back, maybe 3 or four years ago... while he was still fighting well... before he was this old... he didn't look 6'10" to me, sir. I didn't know it was him until a friend said "Hey, that's the undertaker!" so we walked over, I said, "Mr. Undertaker, sir... we're big fans. You have a lovely family sir!" He was very polite in saying: "Thank you very much. I appreciate it." And then walked away. :eek: He did not look 6'10" is my point.

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Don't get all insulted and offended over it.

1 person likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Taker isn't 6'10. Kevin Nash is around 6'9 and he's taller than Undertaker. Taker is probably 6'8.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm confident he is not 6'10".

You should believe everything you read on the internet, especially if it's on wikipedia. :rolleyes:

8. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Everywhere I've looked on the internet it says he 6'10.

So....that means he's 6'8?

9. justtxyank

The only thing they have to base it on is the WWE billed height. Taker has been extremely protective of his character over the years, so it's not like he would ever contradict his billed height. But, he was shorter than Kevin Nash and Kevin Nash is not a 7 footer.

10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Makes sense.

Is Kane 7'0?

11. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Jedi Powers [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. justtxyank

Nope.

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

What I've learned from this thread: Yao Ming is 6'6

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lmao!

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

man what an amazing night!

I was at the fights and the cain v brock fight was insane. I can't ever remember being at a sporting event where the crowd was going crazy non-stop for 5+ minutes. obviously, a huge socal mexican contingent was there so they were rooting for their boy. great victory for cain and he is a real champ for the hw division.

I'm a very big cain fan after this fight. He was fedor-esque imo. Stayed very calm under attack and delivered great accurate strikes. Glad to see the guy can actually smile now lol. I was a bit turned off by the UFC marketing of the mexican heavyweight champ and his brown pride tattoo is still ridiculous to me, but the guy has been extremely humble and seems to have a great head on his shoulders. I was also glad to see that he clarified that he is American, so it's not like he is trying to market himself as Mexican...only Dana.

Anyhow, I need to get one of those Yes we Cain shirts that Miguel Torres was handing out lol.

16. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Awesome... How was the crowd reaction to the Shields Kampmann decision? I was surprised, I had Kampmann winning it 29-28.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

they were booing jake because of his style. i like good ground fights, but it is just so much harder to see what is going on when you have floor seats. shields is a dominant positional/point fighter, but it makes for a very boring fight when he refuses to throw shots so he doesn't lose position. his ground and pound is terrible. i don't know if it's strategy or if he is just that bad at it.

shields is going to get beat down by gsp. he has absolutely nothing to offer gsp. i think he would get beat by kos and fitch too. in fact, i hope he fights fitch first before getting a shot at gsp. lol i won't watch it, but i don't want him getting a title shot.

i think kampmann would get beat down by gsp too, but he martin did surprise me with how well he dealt with jake. i thought the fight was a toss up and i honestly didn't care who won.

it really sucks that some of the most dominant fighters in the divison are boring point fighters (kos, shields, fitch). people call gsp boring, but that guy is completely dominant due to his takedowns and cardio and goes for tons of stuff on the ground, has solid striking on the feet and on the ground.

18. Asian Sensation

Add Stun gun Kim to the list of "boring" dominant point fighters. Why risk getting KO'ed if you can dominate a match in different forms and win?

I Can't wait till new years when Kim faces Nate Diaz. I hope he beats that degenerate punk bad.

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Every time he has a fight scheduled he get injured during training.

20. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Yep, Shields is boring, but apparently his cardio issues were due to huge weight cut. and that contributed to this fight being more boring than usual. I was surprised that Kampmann didnt keep the fight standing, since thats his strength and Jake's weakness.

GSP will rule the division for as long as he wants, I dont see anyone beating him.