1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bro Tip #1104

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by trueroxfan, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Repped

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Definitely. I brought that up a while back (not trying to be a hip forecaster or anything). Its that female development >> male upbringing for decades now. All kindsa single mothers trying to define masculinity in lack of father figures. Guys gotta revert to "ladism" in its place for identity. Its sad really. I don't think "bro's" the only way to go, but gotta do some kinda MANagement.

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

What are you guys even talking about? Most of these have nothing really to do with a code for men, they are rather simple advice for daily interactions. For instance, there is one about 10 minutes of extra sleep not making you less tired, it just makes you late. A lot of them really follow a similar format, it's not gender based. In fact one of the tips says something about you don't have to be male to be a bro, you just got to be badass or something like that.

Point is, don't take it so seriously it's the Hangout.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

"Brotips" that have been recycled for at least the last 5+ years aren't new and humorous brah

<br>

<br>
    Also, are you having some sort of emotional meltdown? Because your posts in this thread are (unintentionally) hilarious.

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Brah is deuchy.

And I am not sure how you could interpret my posts as evidence of an emotional meltdown...please elaborate.

As for the "bro tips" being old. I have not heard them, so they're new to me. And I found them funny and insightful. I am sorry you didn't.

6. aghast

aghast Member

That's an interesting observation.

I personally find that there's less emphasis on "what it takes to be a man" now than when I was in my teens. I'm a child of the late nineties. There aren't anymore Schwarzenegger/Stallone bro films to live up to. (Our action stars now look like Shia LaBeouf.) Hunting is pretty universally looked down upon in polite society, or at least tolerated/frowned upon. Muscle cars are seen as compensating for masculine shortcoming. And acceptance of homosexuality is at an all-time high, at least in modern Western culture. If someone questions one's "manhood" in such a way, they have NBAers in PSAs shouting that person down as uncouth.

Seems to me, the culture, and mores, have changed, and we're emphasizing such "male"/"female" dichotomy less?

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    What's a deuchy? Is that like douche..except not?

Probably the fact that you freaked out over some harmless comments. Then called out someone's "intelligence" while claiming there has to be one guy who can't "laugh at silly things" because he didn't find it funny (wait..what?). Then you went on to pull some inane drivel about trolls out of thin air all the while being on a soapbox about how one should live life and achieve happiness...

Complete overreaction? (meltdown much..) :rolleyes:

Moving along

You then jumped on a soapbox again to denounce a discussion that people were having about another subject entirely (this generation's need to be told what a man is) still ranting about brotips for some reason.

And you topped it off with "STOP TAKING THE HANGOUT SRSLY GUIZ!!1!one!"

overall 5/10. Half a lol was given

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

You get it from yo mama.

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

When did I call out someone's intelligence? lol. If anything YOU are overreacting.

I made a joke, obviously a bad one since you didn't get it. He commented that it wasn't funny. I jokingly said that his since of humor must be lame if he doesn't get a chuckle out of at least one of these. He said he had intelligent humor, I said it was funny he likes intelligent humor and his NAME SAYS HES STUPID. I don't know how that could be construed as me calling out his intelligence. I called out his sense of humor dude.

And people who come in just to leave negative comments about how its old, are douches. Please excuse me for misspelling a word I rarely use in written communication. :rolleyes:

I stick by my firm belief that the douchiest word in the English language is brah. I assumed this was universally accepted as fact. Again, I apologize if you do enjoy using the term. :confused:

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My what in space?:confused:

11. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

yikes, that's one of my pet peeves too.

you're*

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Internet trick #538: Blatantly ignore 95% of post and point out one thing you can defend

3/10 now :grin:

13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I thought I had defended the most important part. So the part that irked you was that I mentioned the site wasn't sexist? All I was doing was clarifying something, in case others thought they were sexist or degrading to women.

Still confused about wth you're talking about.

Still hope you saw the sight and gave a few a read. Like I said they were simple yet funny. I think you should relax, and not take everything so seriously. ;)

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Just like in the early '90s when streetball and gangsta rap came along to teach us black guys.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Thank GOD we still have FOOTBALL. :)

But seriously, I agree with all of this. Look no further than some of the threads started in our very own Hangout:

"guys, I'm scared to approach this woman, what do I do?" :rolleyes:
    "guys, my girlfriend hasn't returned my calls in 3 weeks. what's going on?"
    "I miss my ex and I have been in a fetal position under the covers in my bed gently weeping for 3 days, what do I do to get her back?"

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Females, at least in the western world, are told they casn be whatever they want and should be themselves. Yet, from an early age males are still told how to behave and to conform.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Man cards too, that seems to be the only crap they talk about on 610 J&R.

18. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member