1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brittney Griner in jail…….in Russia!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Newlin, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Landry's Tooth

Have you seen the clips of him talking about books he claims he read?

I didn't believe it myself until i saw him trying to explain the books....

2. Nook

Nook Member

He has opinions on everything and unfortunately usually half assed.

raining threes, boomboom and King1 like this.
  3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

She Is undoubtedly a political pond at this point, and that is really unfortunate and unfair to her. I empathize and that sucks.

100% she would be home if not for Ukraine.

100% she would be home if we had helped in Crimea and not let Putin run rampant?

This is all unfortunate and unfair.

But... I expect someone with such a high profile to know better. Or that person's employer tto understand that this was a likely possibility with such infraction. Im thinking the WNBA may have warned those playing overseas of this very scenario. So there very well may just be an element of her being a little privileged and expecting to get away with something that in reality is very trivial.

But overall this was a preventable and dumb error on her part. Her family suggesting that the United States is not doing enough to get her back is insulting.

Yea Lebron might not have been held up like that but Titty Washington or Juancho Hermangomez probably would have.

Trading her for some Terrorist is not equal value. In fact if the Whelan guy is actually CIA or whatever, I'd value gettimg him back first.

TheJuice and UTSA2step like this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's what happens when your marketing team is conformed of your friends who only say "yes". He's a billionaire and one of the top 10 players ever so it doesn't matter to him. Ignorance is bliss

raining threes likes this.
  5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He never gets beyond the first page of books he reads in front of the media. But, no, he's not at first grade. His first few years of school were a disaster, though. Changing schools, excessive absences, mom was a wreck. That he overcame that early childhood to become who he is is his greatest accomplishment.

King1, raining threes and Nook like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ngl, I'll buy some Hooked on Phonics tapes if LeBron does the reading.

Well maybe the Chinese bootlegs.

7. i3artow i3aller

8. PhiSlammaJamma

She's just not a big chess piece on the board in our eyes. And the Russians, for some reason think she is. It's delusional. And a lack of awareness. That's the bottom line. But essentially, Russia is doing this to one of their own stars. So it's really pretty stupid.

But the bigger point is we have a lot of people breaking customs/border rules because they think they are getting away with it. Especially with regard to Mexico. The reality is customs knows what you are doing. They aren't stupid. They are just letting it go. But at any moment they can tighten the screws down when they feel like it, and when they do, you could be made an example of.

#168 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    raining threes and TheJuice like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The "what if it was Lebron" comments are weird... if it was Lebron that was dumb enough to think he could ignore the laws of a foreign country when visiting, he'd be the person we'd be laughing at instead of this Brittany Griner person.

Why anyone would get outraged when the most overly privileged people in the world occasionally face consequences for their actions is beyond my comprehension.

SuraGotMadHops and boomboom like this.
  10. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

The State department even makes it clear on their website; being a US citizen does NOT exempt you from local laws.

raining threes and boomboom like this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

How much do you guys wanna bet that she kicks her carpet munching wife to the curb once she is set free

she’s had plenty of time to digest her past judgments

12. i3artow i3aller

13. lionaire

lionaire Member

Good for Griner but isn't that other fella not even American? And he's also a rat? keep him there tbh

14. i3artow i3aller

15. i3artow i3aller

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Im totally going to fix that and also face swap with Silas....

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't underestimate that Bout has knowledge, but I don't understand how that benefits Russia. If they want to sell arms they can do it. They don't need Bout. If anything, it seems like he was profiting at Russia's expense. So what are they going to do with him? It can't be good, whatever it is. But no way I let that guy end up in the deal because of what he could do. He's literally supporting massive scale death.

Aside from that, I don't know why Greiner's team would wait so long to disclose it was medication, unless of course, it wasn't. So that just sounds made up too.

If they want to swap, it would have to be much lower stakes.

JumpMan and raining threes like this.
  18. raining threes

SMDH

King1 likes this.
  19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Unbelievable. Well, actually it isn't for this administration

20. raining threes

So let me get this straight,

Grinder gets caught doing something she knew she shouldn't have been doing, particularly in Russia during these times.

Now Biden is willing to trade a known arms dealer, killer for a basketball player. SMDH

clutchdabear, DreamR and King1 like this.