1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brittney Griner in jail…….in Russia!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Newlin, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The US could arrest Ovi and hold him to end the war GoT style, lol.

2. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

King1 likes this.
  3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Post of the year smh

4. i3artow i3aller

5. i3artow i3aller

6. Possum

Possum Member

Idiot.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Guys, don't we have a forum for this stuff? Thought it might be worth mentioning.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Is she eligible for the 2023 parole draft?

Andre0087 likes this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't get it. Why does she want help from America? She dislikes it so much she continued to protest the national anthem. Seems strange she'd think it's such a great place now and wants their help.

King1 and tochiee22 like this.
  12. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

To add to this. Why do Americans think they can do wtv they want outside of the states without remorse?? Seems pretty stupid to be begging for help after committing a crime
    ( allegedly). And why are we doing a prisoner exchange for her again? What purpose does she serve to the gov? What value does she bring by getting her home? Lol joe Biden trying to get them votes early

King1 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Boston tea party, women's suffrage, march on washington

There's nothing unpatriotic about protest, specifically a peaceful one. You don't have to hate your country to want to improve it, and one could argue a person has to care about it pretty deeply to care enough to protest in the first place.

TheJuice, Pat, Invisible Fan and 2 others like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No surprise. She's depending on the country she hates to bail her out of being an idiot. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Yeah, but she didn’t intend on breaking the law

17. Roc Paint

She says she packed in a hurry, but I can almost guarantee you the Vape cartridges were the very first thing she packed

clutchdabear and King1 like this.
  18. Roc Paint

If Hiney site was 20/20 I bet she would’ve packed those elsewhere. She better just feel grateful right now that she’s not in a Turkish prison

King1 likes this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

Suit Bird out here looking like a Smooth Criminal​

Roc Paint likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I didn't know this happened. Does that make her a(n alleged) fiance beater?

www.nytimes.com /2015/04/24/sports/brittney-griner-and-fiancee-glory-johnson-of-wnba-arrested.html
    Brittney Griner Arrested With Fiancée Glory Johnson - April 23, 2015

The basketball star Brittney Griner and her fiancée, Glory Johnson, who is also an All-Star player in the W.N.B.A., were arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of assault and disorderly conduct related to domestic violence after the couple fought at their newly purchased house outside Phoenix, the authorities said.

Griner and Johnson, both 24, were released from jail by early Thursday. Neither needed medical treatment nor wanted to prosecute the other, according to a report by the police in Goodyear, Ariz.

Griner, who helped lead the Phoenix Mercury to the 2014 W.N.B.A. title, and Johnson, who plays for the Tulsa Shock, became engaged last August. They had been scheduled to marry next month, news reports said.

The couple began arguing and “throwing things at each other” on Wednesday afternoon, and Johnson’s sister called the police after the players could not be separated, The Arizona Republic said, citing a police report.

Griner told the police that she and Johnson had been under stress lately as they planned their wedding, bought a house together and managed their relationship. According to The Republic, Griner told officers: “It turned into a fight. Broke up. We kept arguing, mouthing back and forth, clashed again, separated us, clashed again, separated us and here we are now.”

The W.N.B.A. said only that it was aware of the episode and seeking more information. The Mercury and the Shock made similar statements.

David Michael Cantor, the lawyer for Griner, said: “The last few months have been an extremely stressful time for Brittney and Glory. They will continue to work through these hardships together and ask that the media respect their privacy as they handle this family matter. Glory and Brittney sincerely apologize for the distraction this has caused their families, respective teams, the W.N.B.A., sponsors and fans.”

As a freshman at Baylor in 2010, Griner punched the Texas Tech player Jordan Barncastle in retaliation for rough play during a game. Griner later became a national player of the year and led Baylor to a 40-0 record and an N.C.A.A. title during the 2011-12 season.

Last season, the 6-foot-8 Griner was named the W.N.B.A.’s defensive player of the year after setting a league record with 129 blocked shots. She also helped the United States win the world championship and has been expected to make the Olympic team for the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro.

It was too early to tell if Griner’s arrest would affect her chances of playing in the Olympics.

Hope Solo, the starting goalkeeper on the American women’s soccer team, was charged with misdemeanor counts of domestic violence last year, but all charges were dropped in January. Solo remains the starter as this summer’s World Cup and next summer’s Olympics approach.​