1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brittney Griner in jail…….in Russia!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Newlin, Mar 5, 2022.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing you said I disagree with. 9 years is stupid, but it’s also not our laws.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And when did she DENOUNCE the USA? Because she was protesting racial injustice? Just because you are a Trump and DeSantis nut juggler and she is not, doesn't mean she hates America. People wanting cops to stop racial profiling and killing blacks by protesting with taking a knee is what America is supposed to be about. Not Faux News and its hate-spewing personalities pushing Murdoch's agenda of dividing America for profit.

Newlin likes this.
  3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Educate yourself. Google works. Nobody said anything about having a problem with racial injustice. Race batters like yourself do that. She's an idiot. Why aren't you arguing for other prisoners to be brought back? We know why. Welcome break from defending Dusty and BOB'S shitty coaching

Edit: you did it for Dusty lol

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Again, show me where she said she hates America? I know people like you hates the part of America that is not white.

5. King1

Lol at me doing simple research for you followed by an absurd accusation. Would really suck to be you.

6. SuraGotMadHops

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I shouldn’t laugh at that but it’s funny

King1 likes this.
  8. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Folks that think racism exists nowadays are the racists themselves. Be a good citizen!

9. Landry's Tooth

The sentence was within the guidelines. There wasn't more severe sentence imposed than normal for there.

If you go to a foreign country it's arrogant to assume your rights travel with you. Russia has sovereignty and in their country what she did was very bad even though transporting drugs over international borders is a slap on the wrist here...

Johnny Cash???

10. Landry's Tooth

Based on us legal standards?

We run Russia now?

Can they apply their laws to people here?

How privileged are you?

11. Landry's Tooth

So you're saying she's going to stop using drugs when she comes back?

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Lol, you are trying too hard dude.

13. Landry's Tooth

Right and wrong is determined by the country who's soil you stand on. It's represented in their laws.

She should be let out for diplomatic reasons but not legal or moral ones. She agreed to follow their laws by entering their country.

Not sure why it's hard to not transport drugs across international borders. I don't see how I could make such a mistake. It's not an oops kind of thing...

SuraGotMadHops and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

I share the same opinion but it is irrelevant under the law she agreed to follow as a guest in their country.

No one forced her to go there... no one forced he to take drugs with her...

15. Landry's Tooth

That was a joke?

Given they have never turned a profit it seemed about right...

16. i3artow i3aller

17. Chucky_Brown

Chucky_Brown Member

Had no idea we had so many experts on international/Russian law trolling those boards, or those intimately familiar with how the Russian judicial system handles drug cases. Whenever I get in trouble abroad I'll be sure to rush back here for advice.

Again, I'll repeat: Her detention has nothing to do with that country's laws about drugs. It has everything to do that country's geopolitical situation. This is obvious to most anybody who watches Russia closely, including our own state department. And it's f*cking nuts to spend more time blaming her for a dumb mistake than a madman like Putin, who is actually at fault for this mess.

When did these boards become 8chan lite? I mean, damn, I know the team has been rough since Harden but there's no reason it's gotta descend to depths like these.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

No. But, I think she has learned that when traveling in a foreign country it is best to know and understand what the law is in that country. She said she didn’t mean to bring her THC with her(something I don’t believe). But, she needs to be extra extra sure about what is in her bags when traveling. I would hope that six months in a Russian jail has taught her a few things.

19. King1

Lmao if you believe she didn't realize.

20. Landry's Tooth

If what you are saying is true she would get a much lighter sentence if she was russian.

It's within their guidelines so some russians must have at some point.

Of course russians are taking advantage of the situation. They didn't plant the drugs on her. This was her making and that's where the blame goes.