1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring over V-Span now please !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 14, 2006.

1. markus4040

markus4040 Member

Agreed, if not now when?

2. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

I haven't read all the posts but the majority of what I have, it seems people are arguing over jvg playing a rookie.

Am I mistaken? Didn't JLIII play for us last year? And Spanoulis isn't he playing in a pretty tough league overseas? I wouldn't necassarily say that he is a typical rookie. Especially if he is leading the team and one of the mvp's of the league.

I hope and halfway believe that we will end up with both. I would be very happy with a rotation of Alston, VSpan and JLIII. Pretty versatile as fars as what they all bring to the table.

Then If we could just land another decent big man either through trade or with our big exception then we will be set.

Man I cannot wait for the season to begin!! :D

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Is that you, Jeff Van Gundy?

4. Psamp

Psamp Member

Ha! Ha! Ha! I tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen. I would also mention the chicago "BABY" bulls, who kept their lottery picks (hinrick 03, deng 04, gordon 04) instead of being safe and trading them for nba players with experience. They even played duhon who i'm positive would not have made vangundy's team. and how many years did it take to see positive results. you telling me that yao and tmac dont have two years left in them. the big question is does vangundy have two years? this is what its all about, not tmac and yao. since vangundy wants to stress experience, who has the most nba experience cd and jeff or skiles and paxson? you can clearly tell by looking at the teams they each put together. we are not going to win now and its all because of vangundy. now lets wait and see what gay does in the league and how SOON he does it

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Isn't Kirk Snyder 23? Isn't JL3 23? Isn't Chuck Hayes 23? Isn't V-Span 22?

We are getting MUCH younger and more athletic, by doing trades, you don't have to build through the draft....Miami did it through trades, outside of D-Wade.

The draft is more hit and myth than people think.

DD

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Novak can't be older than 22 or so either. Even Battier is only 27.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

And JJ Redick is.........aw...dang...we didn't get him.

:D

DD

8. Psamp

Psamp Member

you are right. however, JL3 and V-SPAN has to get on the team first. then players had to start getting hurt for them to give chuck and JL3 a shot. what kind of scouting is that. and it is not guaranteed that vangundy will play snyder. yeah he 23 but that dont mean nothing if hes not playing.

9. Psamp

Psamp Member

My point is Jeff Vangundy is messing up. Yao and a healthy T-Mac can get us to the playoffs themselves, but as you know, we also need other people that can score and penetrate to the basket. And Vangundy feels that person is Shane???

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Don't waste your breath arguing with Psamp, man. He seems to have an innate incompatibility with plain logic.

11. opticon

opticon Member

I like the moves that are being made right now. We are geting younger and smarter this off season. With the edition of v-span or jl3 hopefully both our backcourt is going to be much faster then it was last year.

12. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yup we decided to go with the V-Span Edition.

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

maybe you should wait until the off season trading is over before making such blanket statements. VS will contribute well to this team, SB is a solid pro..and JLIII is an excellent off the bench battery. cool down a little! the team is changing AND getting younger also. geez, you guys are NEVER freakin happy!

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Congratulations to DaDakote for personally forcing this signing by the Rockets front office.

WELL DONE! ;)

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I do what little I can !!

Which is very little, according to my wife.

;)

DD