1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring over V-Span now please !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 14, 2006.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am saying that I do not know if he can be an NBA player, but it will take an adjustment period to find out.

Manu Ginobli was ok his first year, decent his 2nd and exploded his third.

It takes time to adjust, and we might as well start his adjustment period NOW !

DD

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?lname=G&player=142
    Ginobli's rookie contract was 2yrs @ $2,940,000

If Spanoulis wants over 2m/yr I'd assume the Rockets would expect results now.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think CD clearly expects V-Span to be able to contribute now. BTW, given the poor shape of our point guard position it would not be a shock to see V-Span come in here and challenge for the starting point guard spot and even be the starter at some point.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have seen V-Span on TV and his agility and athletic ability are his biggest strengths. His whole game is based on it. He drives to the basket successfully and it is because of his good athleticism

5. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

I would love to have him come over, however; I very skeptical that he will. I think NBA he's ready but I'm not sure he wants to come over.

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I think the next move after signing V Span is a trade with Spurs For Luis Scola a used the rest of the MLE to bring him. Hes is the best big man in Europe and he can help Yao.

7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd give them 2 second round picks for Scola.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Which is EXACTLY what this team needs! Other than Tmac we nave NO ONE that can do this! Maybe Snyder can, I dont know. But those same traits that Vspan possesses are the same ones that Mike James had. And it is something we need. Someone to ATTACK the basket...versus just playing it safe and swinging the ball from side to side (Alston).

Vspan would be a nice "change of pace" kind of player. The kind of player you can bring off the bench to provide energy. Couple him with Hayes and perhaps JL3 and you have some guys that really can bring a boost of energy off the bench. Grandted, they are young and unproven, but I would rather have that, then slow vets that dont change the landscape of the game versus the starters.

9. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

I wasn't that impressed with the video....what I did like was his mind set to drive the ball to the hole...however, wha will that result in agaisnt bigger/stronger NBA players...he was able to finish against the weaker players over there but will he be able to finish the same way here?...I just don't know but I think its worth the risk..we should give it a shot and see what we have with him..

10. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

How is it that a street baller like Alston cannot drive to the freakin basket?

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

He can. He gets to the basket pretty much at will. He is one of only 6 or 7 players in the league who can drive all the way in and come back out without losing his dribble against most NBA defenses. His problem is finishing.

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

you must be out of your freakin mind

weaker players?

apparently you do not know sh** about the euroleague...

13. terse

terse Member

Well, can you name a rookie acquired by a JVG team who became a significant player? The closest was Walter McCarty -- and he played a grand total of 192 minutes for JVG before being shipped out. You can't blame JVG's GMs; they couldn't all have been idiots every year.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Uh, Mr. Head?

15. Psamp

Psamp Member

Yeah the rockets could realy use V-Span but you got to remember here that we are dealing with Vangundy. And that means, no matter how ready he is, V-Span won't be on the team till Jeff Vangundy feels he is old enough. And Jeff Vangundy is the reason why the Rockets are the oldest team in the league. Come on now, whats up with Vangundy and his old-age player theory? It seems like the rockets get older and older while other teams get younger and more athletic. You know what guys, I think we need to point the finger at Vangundy as the reason for the rocket's lack of success in the: draft and free-agency. Ok, so we picked up Shane. Did we really need shane or could we have used that pick to get a guard. You know what, I think its time we get rid of Vangundy because the rockets have had to many great players not picked up because of Vangundy.

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Please don't let facts get in the way of a perfectly good diatribe. ;)

17. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

I think V-Span should be our final option. Personally, I don't think he's that great -- comparing him to Manu is rather absurd, but I guess that's what one should expect from a Rockets forum, eh? If there is no one else around worth spending part of that MLE money on, then sure, why not bring him over. Just don't expect him to contribute much this next season, even if he does somehow come over.

18. Psamp

Psamp Member

Not ready? Says who? I think its time for everyone to stop being brain washed by Vangundy and CD. The truth is V-Span is ready now, but Jeff Vangundy is not ready for him because he is under the age of 28. Its not like we have any depth at the guard position anyway. I bet he'll have a better season than Alston. Jeff Vangundy doesn't know talent when he see it and he has bad judgement. He traded Mike James for Alston, now is that good judgement?????? He is the reason while the rockets are in this predicament now. You now what, I think its time we get rid of Vangundy. Its clear that this team is going in the wrong direction and the reason is JEFF VANGUNDY!!!!!!!

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yao and Mcgrady are under 28. So was Stromile when he was here, as well as Luther, Hayes, and Bogans.

20. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

so ignorant :(