1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BRING ON THE LAKERS! yes sir! [Update] Gasol out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 2, 2009.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It's like people temporarily black out after a possession of great defense by Shane Battier on Kobe Bryant.

They miss the part where Kobe drains the shot right in his face.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That part doesn't happen very often...

It usually results in a CLANK.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

you only notice the waitresses and hardly ever notice any waiters in cafes right? ;)

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I actually expect Ron to shut Ariza down. Artest is too good a defender and Ariza is too poor of a ball handler and too physically weak to take advantage of Ron's diminishing athleticism. Plus, I'm sure Ron has a point to prove.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No way. Ron is too slow to guard him. Ariza will find ways to get open looks.

Plus, I'm sure Trevor has a point to prove :cool:

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

1) ariza actually doesn't go 1-on-1 all that much if you watch the entire game.
    2) ariza likes to go through screens for a lot of his 3pt shots and ron is too slow right now to guard those types of players
    3) ariza is an opportunistic offensive player right now.

however, if ariza gets trapped into the 1-on-1 game, he'll get shut down with ease by ron.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Ariza has a pretty quick first step plus he's lengthy. I thought I remembered seeing him blow by Artest last season.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely, And not their personalities either...;)

9. vinsanity89

vinsanity89 Member

We should trade for Channing Frye of the Suns. I think he would help our style of play with his outside shooting.

10. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Why is that a surprise coming from you? You're pretty much looking for anything to bring Ariza down. I wouldn't be surprised if you're rooting for Ariza to suck so you can be like "I told you so".

Artest is too slow to keep track of Ariza. I can already see him playing help defense and allowing Ariza to get open for three.

11. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Artest has 20 pts right now including 10 of the lakers 14 4th quarter pts

Ariza still gon ****t all over him though, ARtest is too slow