1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BRING ON THE LAKERS! yes sir! [Update] Gasol out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Power

Power Member

that's not true.battier is the only man in the planet knows how to shut down kobe(without double teaming him),but not everytime.

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

this is the same team that tied the championship lakers two games to two, but now we have Ariza and Budinger. We'll get handled on the boards by Pau and Bynum. hopefully Andersen can show he can rebound.

3. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

I can't wait to hear the houston crowd BOOOOO that traitor artest!!! ron will get so mad at the fans that he will throw up bad shots and him and kome will start arguing!!! btw anybody excited to see Ariza throw down a facial on artest? I am!!!!

go rockets

4. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

pau gasol may not play, he has a possible torn hamstring, he has an MRI tomorrow I think

5. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I have to say I'm confident, but not too much. I beleive in these new Rockets, but they had enough trouble beating Portland because of Roy's offensive effectiveness and the height of Oden, ALdrige, and Pryzbilla.

Now we replace Roy with Kobe, and the three bigs with Bynum, Gasol, and Odom. It's gonna be tough, but hopefully the negative aspect Artest brings to the table for the Lakers will tip things in our favor. That and the fact that Fisher is just as much Brooks' b**** as Blake is...

7. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

read what I said ABOVE, gasol will not be playing most likely

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Oops. I guess scratch that Gasol part in the previous post. Should've read the complete thread first. Now I'm a lot more confident. :)

9. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Kobe had 7 times 40+ against Rox, so much about shutdown.

10. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

ya it will make the game alot more fun also, bynum will be hard enough to handle

11. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

whoa slow down there buddy. i admire the confidence and agree with almost everything except no one can stop kobe. and you're comparing a lakers championship team with two teams that were one and done in the playoffs. this is going to be a tough game. and a huge measuring stick

12. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Kobe always drops 30+ on the Rockets, but a lot of the time it's on 12-27 shooting. Shane won't stop him from scoring, but he can make him ineffective. You only needed to see Kobe's dirty elbows and knees on him to realise he was frustrating the crap out of him.

13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

agreed that you can't stop kobe. i dont want to take away from battier's D but kobe has always rised against the rockets.

i don't think we will win this lakers game just as i honestly didn't think we would win any of our last 4 games. but that just makes it all the more fun when we do! it feels GREAT to have an unexpected win, especially todays!! :D

14. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

are you serious? what nba have you been watching?

15. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Key to the game, let artest shoot.

16. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

lol. Then the guy who offered artest a beer, will throw a beer at artest. Then Artest will go to the stand to punch that guy, followed by Kobe and Odom. And they will all be suspended. :D

But, I don't think Artest will get booed.. He played his heart out here, but the system was just not suited for him.

17. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

4 games into the season, People get crazy again with a surprised good start

18. machange

machange Member

Kobe Bryant Los Angeles Lakers defeated the premise that did not want to win

19. lok2012

lok2012 Member

People get too excited after Jazz game.It will be the best day of 2009.If we beat LA once again.

20. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

if Ron start taking 30 shots then we have a good chance :D