1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring on Mr. Bob Knight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KALIKULI, Jun 1, 2003.

1. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Without a doubt that all the available coaches in the NBA has about at least half an inch thick of resume, but never the less, I can't name anyone of those guys ever really emphasized much on discipline and determination to be the best. When Bob Knight decided to coach Texas Tech, I think that was the best thing that ever happened in the history of their school,and Bob just voluntarily step down and was not dismissed by the TX Tech.

Will he be willing to coach one of the best team in NBA, and will he be the guy who can discipline the best back court duo and the two puffer forwards that's got potential, but they just don't know how to used it.

I think it's really worth to try!What do you think?

2. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Why would Knight do this when he is on the verge of breaking Dean Smiths record? Not to mention that he hates pro basketball as mentioned in another thread similar to this.

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

NBA players would never stand for Knight's fire breathing style. They'd rebel before they got through training camp.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I think many people would be glad if Knight would be our coach(me, for one)...Unfortunately it AIN'T gonna happen.

5. munco

munco Member

Most players would not want to play for Knight. What has he won recently? He was effective over 10 years ago and has been on the decline since.

6. hakeem34

hakeem34 Member

If Knight is too abrasive for college kids, imagine how well his style would go over with spoiled NBA superstars. Knight's smart enough to know this; he'll never go pro in my opinion.

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

If I remember right, Knight's in the second year of a six year deal with Tech. I'm probably wrong though.

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Guns up baby!

Bob Knight has been and always will be a college coach. Thats why he is still doing it.....

10. Fatty FatBastard

Don't ever F*** with Tech.

You do realize there is a reason our mantra is "get your guns up", don't you?;)