1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring back Kennny Thomas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dnarg, Jun 10, 2003.

1. dnarg

dnarg New Member

I think it's time the Rockets admit they made a mistake by trading Kenny Thomas and try to trade and get him back.

2. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

Kenny is a free agent, the Rox could sign him for the MLE, but I doubt they will.

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

Aint gonna happen. Kenny hates the Rox.

4. dnarg

dnarg New Member

Kenny is a restricted free agent but a sign and trade for Eddie who is from Philly plus a Moochie or Cato for Thomas Philly also needs a Center. Cato would be a very good center in the east.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Where is Gregonomics?

6. Just B

Just B Member

I don't think it was a mistake trading him because the guy we got in return (Posey) is a really solid player, but if Posey doesn't resign then yeah, i'll regret it.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

KT to Detroit?

Rocket River

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Yeah, that's like a college coach leaving his team (Rick Neuheisel) to coach another squad (Rick Neuheisel) and bringing his recruits with him (Rick Neuheisel) even though it's illegal.

Some guy who bet on basketball games did that...

9. leebigez

leebigez Member

For all those who want KT back, can anyone tell me why SA will sign a big guy like O'Neal,Kandi,or Brad Miller even though they have Rose? The reason being is that like Corliss,Rose,Trent, and Fizer, these players are good and good for the team, but they're bench role players. KT is a good bench player and given the chance to play 20mins he would get you 9pts and 5 rebs. If he were to start and play 35mins, he'll probably get you 13pts and 7rebs. Thats the ceiling for these type of players because they're to small to play the 4 all the time and not quick enough to play the 3 all the time. If not for contracts, this team would have been better off moving Taylor and have Thomas back up Griffin, but his 8mill per and coming off a serious injury, no one would have made the trade. Trading Thomas was the best thing for him and the club because eventually, someone would have complained about minutes wit 3 guys playing the same position. Now he gets to test the market and get a dose of reality. He'll probably get the mle from someone which is good really.Playinf 3rd string here, he would have been pissed and would probably get 3mill a season.

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Kenny doesn't improve the Rockets at all.

6 ft 7 PFs are useless in the West. I would be shocked if KT signs with a West team.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

What's done is done. I'd rather look forward than backwards.

12. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Member

Bingo!

I'd like to add that Kenny was a terrible player in the final minutes of games. The love for this guy here baffles me sometimes.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

He's a whole lot better than Mo and Eddie. Kenny may not be consistently solid in the West, but the other guys are just brutal.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

KT was our best forward and I think we lost a bit of talent in the trade -- even if we did improve the distribution. So, if we can get him back as a free agent, I'd be happy. I'd be happier still though if we could get an even better power forward.

15. don grahamleone

There is a fine line between love and hate.

16. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Kenny was the best scorer/ballhog from the PF position...

Too much of a blackhole, and too much of a defensive liability. It's funny that some people here think he was a great defensive player. Playing defense, esp at PF, consists of a lot more than just stripping the ball once a game.

17. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

:rolleyes: Kenny played the best post defense of all three PFs when he was here. Although he gave up height, he fought hard to stop his opponent getting position.

18. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

All 3 PFs sucked equally, at denying position. Bottom line is that we had a logjam at PF, and KT was the most tradable.

The KT lovefest here is really funny. What next, a thread praising Zan Tabak and how we really need to bring him back?

:rolleyes:

19. Dani

Dani Member

Taylor must be our Pf starter. And with Jeff the talent will it see.
    Thomas is really good player but we don't need him. That's "the Rockets roster".

20. xiki

xiki Member

He hated being traded by the guy no longer coaching.

JPo is better, across the board, IMO. Will JVG want to resign him? That, to me, is a significant question.

KT to Detroit? Why not, and who cares?